Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This Is A Tough One

Well, Cute Boy and I didn't get the house. My heart is a wee bit broken, but there is nothing to be gained by being sad. I will do my best to compose this entry and not cry. I've only cried once today, just a few little tears. All the wonderfully supportive e-mails I received from friends, it was the one that read: When God closes a door, He opens a window, that made me cry. I don't know why those words specifically, but they really struck a chord.

I had good and bad vibes about the offer going in last night. As I said in a previous post, there was another couple interested in the house. Go figure! The house sits on the market for months, the listing expires and then there are 2 couples wanting it. Us and someone else. They offered quite a bit more money than we did, and less conditions. I thought the offer amount we submitted was a good offer, and with countering back and forth there was room for movement from both sides. Todd doesn't have the particulars about the other offer, but they must have been pretty close to asking price. They also didn't have as many conditions as our offer. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I didn't tell Princess there was an offer going in last night. There was no need for her to be thinking about this, and worrying about it unnecessarily, especially the night before her first ever high school exam. When Cute Boy called today with the news that our offer wasn't accepted, I told Princess we didn't get the house. She told me she was sorry.

I talked to her later in the afternoon, when there was little chance I would cry. I'm such a baby! I asked her if she was happy now that we didn't get the house. It may sound as though I asked her with tone, but I didn't it was just a simple question. Her answer was honest, and I respect that more than I can tell you. She said, 'Yes, I'm happy now'. I told her that I pretty much figured she would be happy. She said she's sorry we didn't get the house because Cute Boy and I both wanted it, and that she's sorry for being honest and saying she's happy about something that may sadden both Cute Boy and I. I respect and appreciate her honesty. I would be more upset if she'd said 'No', because I would know she was lying.

This is where I am mentally. A little sad and a lot disappointed! I'm been burrowing in to my rec room today with Job's Tears and stitching away my afternoon while the bathroom renovations carry on around me!

For each and every comment that I've received during the process of looking at this house, fixing mine, dealing with my Princess, I thank you from the very bottom of my heart. I am more blessed than a girl deserves. Every single one of you rock!

Happy stitching days to you!

7 comments:

Deirdre said...

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) I'm sorry! I know the perfect house for all of you is out there.

Chiloe said...

I feel so sorry for you Tammy but like you said, there is certainly a better house waiting for you somewhere. I'm sure you will find a house you will both like. Just keep your mind open. The renovation looks good !!!!

((((hugs))))

Pumpkin said...

Tammy I am SO sorry that the house feel through :o( What a heartbreak. Like Deidre said, the perfect house is out there for you and it will come in time. Big ((((HUGS))))

Velda said...

(((hugs)))

Margaret said...

HUGS dear friend.

Susan said...

I'm sorry that you didn't get it, but when you're eventually living in a house that is even more perfecter (grins) this will all make sense. Hang in there.

_ said...

(((Hugs))) sweetie. There's always a reason why things happen...even if we don't understand the why's of it at the time. Have faith that there is something even better out there for you guys...it just might take a little time to find it...or it could be right around the next corner. Hang in there!