Sunday, January 27, 2008

Love with a Capital L - 160 hours

I'm really enjoying this piece again. I made some good progress this last 10 hours. My hope during this next 10 hour block is to start finishing up the little things I've left. I need to finish the edging on the right side and then an 's' on one of the 'Always' and the 'pes' of Hopes. Sometimes I wonder why it is that I move around like I do.

I took this picture today at work, since I was at the 160 hour mark. I'm anal retentive, I know. I stitched at work today for 2-3 hours. I've since finished the 'V and E' and started the 'N and e' of 'Never Fails', but I ran into a bit of a problem. I had run out of 321 sometime last week, or this piece probably would be finished by now. Sorry, back on track. I ran out of 321, went to Michael's and bought another 2 skeins, which I'm hoping is more than enough to finish it up. When I started working with the new skein today it was new skein against old on the border on the right side and the colour difference looked drastic. I've stitched the 2 different skeins side by side elsewhere in the pattern and it doesn't seem as noticeable a difference, but on the edge it looked extreme. I frogged the 10 stitches I had done and moved back to the large LOVE at the bottom. I really under estimated when I was buying floss and I've restocked 3 times now. I'm currently working on my 9th skein and this is the first problem I've encountered with dye lots. I've sent out an S.O.S. to Velda and she has 2 part bobbins that I can have. Hopefully they are a closer match than the ones I'm currently in possession of or I'm in trouble!

I'm not sure how much stitching time I'll be able to find at home this week. I never know what is going to pop up to steal my time, but I'm really hoping to find some. I would really like to see this piece finished soon. As soon, I mean by this weekend. Finishing by the weekend is probably a rather lofty goal. I'd be happy with even finishing by the end of next weekend! I'm working 2-10p Saturday and Sunday 7a-3pm, so that is some pretty good stitching time, I think.

Wish me luck and I hope to see you at the finish line soon! Then to save a couple hundred dollars to get it professionally framed. I have the money in my savings account, but the dilemma is pay for the bathroom renovations or framing... hmmmmm! I'm just kidding, the framing will have to wait a bit.

7 comments:

Pumpkin said...

What great progress you've made Tammy! I'm sorry to hear about your dye lot troubles. If you can't locate more, just lmk and I can always send you some skeins :o)

Gee, you'd pick renovations over framing???? ;o) Just kidding!

Felicity said...

I'm enjoying watching the progress just as much as you are doing the stitching. I really loved working on this project. Keep up the wonderful work.

Velda said...

It's beautiful!

Sally said...

That is looking stunning Tammy. Sorry about the thread dyes being different. I never thought it would happen with DMC until I experienced it myself.

Lelia said...

Oh, those frustrating dye lots. It is difficult to deal with at times. I say, get the BR done - then, frame the project : )

Your comment: Gorgeous kitty cat. Love the silky look of her fur. Is she as soft as she looks?

A: Yes, her fur is lovely [now]. We feed her Burns Cat food & seems to make her fur much healthier.

Sue said...

I just love this piece. I'm anxious to see you finish it ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dye lot troubles. Your progress is wonderful though - it's a very pretty design.
Petra