Friday, January 25, 2008

Is It Over Yet?

I've learned a lot about myself this week. I'm not sure if the things I've learned are good or bad, but I've learned nonetheless.

I miss my house. I miss the quiet tranquility I find when I'm there. I miss the clean. I miss being able to bath or shower without a leak. I miss my body lotion. I don't have a clue where my contact lens crap is and I've been wearing my contacts for days! My bad!!

I don't deal well with things when the don't flow smoothly. I don't always freak out, but I do like a smooth flow to my life. Right now I have none and it is bring out my 'turtling' ways. I just want to block it all out and make things work the way I think they should. I'm s

I tried to bath again last night and couldn't since the tub is still leaking. I'm now to the point where I want to cry or scream. Maybe a screaming cry would work best. I'm at my wits end. I thought my tub was fixed last night. Why would I think otherwise, I was told all was working properly. Ya right!!!! Fill the tub a bit and you'll know it's not fixed! GRRRRR I get in the tub only to hear the water falling in the laundry room again! I couldn't believe it. Why am I surprised? Oh, I don't know because I was told it was fixed! So, I'm armed once again with the shop vac cleaning up for the 2nd night in a row. Ya know, you feel all clean and then you're walking around cleaning up a mess, it does nothing but make you feel dirty all over again. Frustration level is off the meter.

I went to bed pretty early last night. I was emotionally burned out. I just want things finished, and without much more in the way of setbacks. I know renovations can be trying, but these seem like simple things to me. I say simple, I couldn't do a portion of these jobs, but I'm not doing them, so of course they seem simple to me.

Anyway, I apologize for the negative tone of this post. I don't like getting in these moods and I usually refrain from posting when I feel like this, but today I just need to get this out of my head before I go insane.

Let's hope that today will bring some good news and I can start to feel as though positive progress in being made in the saga of my bathroom renovations.

6 comments:

Vicki said...

(((Hugs))) sweetie! I'm so sorry. I'd be annoyed at this point too. Hopefully it will be over soon.

Anonymous said...

I really hope you will feel better soon, at least before you kill the guys who are supposed to fix the tub !!! lol Sorry: couldn't help it !!! :-) Sometimes, it makes us feel better when we smile ;-)

(((((((( hugs ))))))))))

Sue said...

Tammy ~

Boy, what a day. Tomorrow will HAVE to be better ;)

Cindy said...

Hope everything gets back to normal for you soon :)

Velda said...

Did it damage anything? Was it into the laundry room...poor you!

Pumpkin said...

There is nothing fun about renovations when you're a type A personality :o( I really feel for you right now, especially not having a properly functioning bathroom. That would drive me insane as well. Hang in there. Hopefully it will be over with soon.

DH and I, okay DH, put down the new laminate flooring in the extra bedroom this weekend and it looks SO gorgeous! I can't tell you how happy I am because the carpet was gross :oS Things are everywhere though but I'm trying to let it all fall off my back.

I'm thinking of you :o) HUGS!