Monday, January 14, 2008

Housing and Finacing Fun!

We had the appointment and things are - JUST! I'm not really sure where we are or where we're heading at this point. The numbers look good. That in itself doesn't surprise me. There is, as always, issues with the house. You may recall the house is no longer on the market, but people are still looking at it and another couple is interested. Of course someone else is interested!!!!!! GRRRRRR The owner is apparently going to re list it again in the spring for $10,000 more than the listing price it just finished at last week. Is it just me, but doesn't that just seem strange??? I'm thinking that he's banking on the fact that the house has waterfront view.

I have my real estate agent coming to the house on Thursday of this week to have a look and tell me what NEEDS to be done, to get as much as I can for my house. I can pretty much tell you what needs to be done and if I do only what needs to be done it will drive me a little bit insane. For those of you that don't know me well and are just new to my blog, I have a little confession. I'm a perfectionist. Most times I like this element of my personality that makes a small part of who I am. Right now, I'm not so sure.

I have a friend (co-worker) and her husband coming over to the house on Wednesday night to have a look around to see what they can do to help me get things done. She tells me she is really good with a paint brush and he is a jack-of-all-trades. I'm so out of my element right now it's not even funny. I love the challenge and the list maker in me is having fun scratching things off my list.... but the scratching right now is a little far and few in between.

What I really need to get is a mitre saw! I lost it in the divorce damn it! Having one would really help in getting some of the wood work done.

4 comments:

Velda said...

you can rent saws at home depot..we need to take a trip lol -- 2 girls and a saw!

Pumpkin said...

OH NO! Tell them to GO AWAY! I'll keep my fingers crossed that they loose interest or they can't get financing ;o)

Dawn B. said...

Wish you the best with the house thing. That last statment you mad gave me a chuckle. Thanks

Dani - tkdchick said...

Hmmm yeah that relisting thing sounds fishy. Usually when someone relists its for the same or slightly less!

Just don't get your heart so set on this house that if you don't get it you go into a funk.