Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bathroom Renovations Day 3

A couple shots at the end of day 3.
This would be the shower walls pre-caulking. I'm able to have a bath now, but not a shower.

Here is the new sink and faucet.

I don't think Scott had a successful day today. Poor guy.

I had a bath last night with the protective plastic still on the tub. I thought it would be weird and I would feel it but I couldn't. I had to wash my hair in the tub. OMG what a moment that was.... I'm deathly afraid of hair and wet hair.... OMG I'd rather you just shoot me.

I was lounging in my great big soaker tub when I can hear a noise like gushing water. Now, let me rephrase that, not LIKE gushing water, but actually gushing water, waterfall like. My new tub was leaking into the laundry room. I quickly jump out of the tub, drain it and while it's draining run downstairs to investigate. Lo and behold there is water free falling from the ceiling. Out comes the shop vac, away goes the lake now resting in my laundry room. Scott forgot to tighten the drain. No biggie. It's fixed now.

I get up for work this morning knowing I still have no light fixture nor a mirror to get ready by. I'm sitting in the hallway in my pajamas and housecoat with a tea, straightening my hair by using the old mirror leaned up against the wall. What a sight. Thank goodness Lily didn't have to get ready to go anywhere like this. She was the smart one and booked it to her sister's last night.

I get home from work today to see the panelling up around the shower. The vanity and linen tower secured, as well as the sink installed. Scott had to make a couple trips to Home Depot today to get some extra tubs of glue and caulking because I didn't buy enough. Uh oh. When Scott's showing me the faucet for the sink, it starts to leak. When he was at Home Depot he bought additional piping and re piped the entire sink only to find it wasn't his plumbing skills causing the issues, but the faucet set is faulty. What major waste of him on his part and in turn mine too.

I just got finished telling Todd, I don't think I would ever make it as your typical rich upper class citizen. I don't like paying people to do things for me. Not the paying part so much, although that is going to hurt big time. I have no idea what this is going to cost me and I'm a little bit, okay, a lot nervous. The fact that I've hired someone to do a job for me is extremely strange and not something I'm used to at all.

I'll be back with further updates as the saga develops.

Vicki ~ too funny how two people can see the exact same thing and come away feeling completely opposite in their views. I've paid for renovations before, my ex-husband always did things so I figured a professional would be so much faster. I will say, in his defence because I feel as though I'm slamming him, he is good and very much a perfectionist.

4 comments:

Velda said...

It was really hard to read the rest of that while laughing my guts out over the hair, sorry lol but you know how much that cracks me up...you do know I have shower too right? it's beside the potty lol lol lol....

Cindy said...

I don't think that these remodeling projects ever quite go as planned.

We remodeled our little bathroom last fall and had a gushing water issue, too. The hot water line under the sink blew loose because the line was a bit too short. Luckily we were home (and awake!!) when it happened :)

_ said...

The things you learn about people while reading their blogs...I never knew you had a wet hair fetish. LOL

The renovations look great! Almost there, hon. Hang in there. Oh my gosh on the waterfall into your laundry room...I bet that did cause you to jump out of the bathtub. Glad the situation was easily remedied.

Yeah, it's definitely different when paying someone else rather than doing it yourself but sometimes they run into the same obstacles that you do. Glad he's such a perfectionist...you'll thank in the end for that.

So what color are you going to paint the bathroom once everything is finished?

Pumpkin said...

It's coming together! I know it's a real upset to your every day routine but it will be worth it in the end. It's just a pita while it's going on.

I'm really going to sympathize with you now because we bought our new flooring for the two bedrooms and living room last night so our house will be turned upside down for a time :oS