Sunday, January 06, 2008

Headless Fairy Wonder


My headless Halloween Fairy. I was only supposed to work on her for an hour today, but I was sailing along so well, I couldn't put the needle down.

I love how she has no head! I do this with many of my pieces. I know, V, it freaks you out. Just wait until I my next piece and it has a face and no eyes. You love that even more, eh? The reason for this headless wonder is because I start some pieces in the middle and I dislike stitching up so much I work over and down. Notice she has one arm and one leg. She is quite talented a fairy to be able to be so beautiful and balance so gracefully.

When I was almost finished stitching her today I noticed there is a mistake somewhere in her bodice. I will have to figure it out our next time together. Like it or not the wee girl might be getting herself a breast reduction. Poor wee thing!

Thanks so much for looking.

Happy stitching days to you.

5 comments:

Sue said...

You are moving along so fast on her. She looks great, even without a head ;)

Anonymous said...

I dont ever stitch the heads until the very last. I dont back stitch until then either, and most faces have back stitched features and I cant stand those blank faces looking at me while I stitch. It creeps me out. Shes looking good though!

Jen said...

I love this post, she looks fantastic and maybe she should stay headless, it being Halloween!

Pumpkin said...

Wow! You've really got a lot done this time :o) She's looking so pretty!

At least you're talking about a breast reduction and not breast implants ;o)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yeah when I did my Christmas Fairy I left the head to the end. That really bothered some of my commenters! LOL!

She is indeed very talented!