Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bathroom Reno Progress

This would be the oh-so-lovely bathroom I've used now for way too long. It has been over 2.5 years since I've owned everything needed to renovate my bathroom. Today is a very big day in my house. We are in the process of getting a new bathroom! I couldn't be happier. I won't even begin to tell you how psyched Lily is about this upgrade! Do you know how hard it is to feel clean after showering in a bathroom this dilapidated? It is downright disgusting!!


Isn't that just a lovely sight?? Yucky!!!!

This, as you can see, is under the vanity. There have been no doors on there for about 1.5 years. The threading on the piping has been leaking for quite some time, hence the black mold... what a special treat. What you don't see under there is that all our princess products were being stored in laundry baskets on either side of the pipe. I'm not going to miss that!

Another lovely shot. Just oozing with sarcasm, I am.

We're making progress. I have to keep in mind you must make a mess to make progress. I don't do mess well.

This would be the flooring under the vanity. The water stain you see there is the water from the leaky drain piping. Not good at all. The plywood will be replaced to help secure the floor and to give a smoother surface to adhere the new floor.

This would be the finish point of Day #1. You may notice the toilet seat doesn't fit properly. I need to get another one! I finally have a toilet again after not having one pretty much all day. Never take for granted indoor plumbing. Velda, you have no idea how much I appreciate the loan of your loo a couple times today. Thank goodness you live close. You're a trooper!

It was an interesting day. Scott was here from about 9:30a, started working about 10:30 and left somewhere around 9pm tonight. He took about an hour for his lunch and dinner and maybe another hour to run to Home Depot for supplies.

I sat in the rec starting around 7p and stitched the night away while a little corner of my world was being transformed. There is something sweet about that. I was finally able to have a tea after Scott left, secure in the knowledge I could relieve myself if the need should arise. There is something sweet in that too.

I'll be back tomorrow with further updates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bathroom renovations are a nightmare while they are happening, but you are going to LOVE it when its done!

Pumpkin said...

Sigh! Now I see what I have to look forward to :o( Yikes!

It's getting there though and that's what counts!!!!

Just keep those positive thoughts :o)