Monday, January 07, 2008

The Transformation has Begun

I'm up and at 'em today. I only wish I didn't have work today, but that is the only way I'll be able to pay for all the things that need to be done around here.

As I've said, I have no idea where this house thing and moving in with Todd is going to lead. One thing I'm thankful for is it has spurred me on to finally doing some things around the house.

The house needs lots done. So you can see what I mean, I'll list what I think it needs to even be considered listing worthy.

Following needs to be done:

  • Trim for around the door, floor and window in Lil's room
  • All the trim needs to be painted - working on that today - Painted the 3 bedroom doors, bathroom door and the floor trim in the hallway. I just need to paint the walls in the hallway and that area will be finished.
  • The kitchen center beam needs to have drywall repaired
  • Most of the switches and plugs need to be changed - working on that
  • The kitchen and hallway need to be painted
  • The landing and front door area needs to be painted
  • Need stair runners cut (oak) for the stairs going down to the basement computer room
  • The stairs up to the main part of the house need to be stripped and re-varnished
  • The oak railings need to be re-varnished to a gleaming high shine
  • The doors to Lily's room, my room and the spare room need to be changed and 3 still need to bought
  • I can use an old door for the entry to the computer room (basement)
  • The entire bathroom needs to be renovated. I own everything just need to get it done
  • Headers need to be built in the 2 bedrooms and the closet doors need to be hung - working on that as well
  • Need to decide on flooring for the computer room and buy it! Ouch
  • The computer room needs drywall ceilings hung - own the drywall need to find someone who can help with that - Found someone to do this. A student and he is going to get H.S. volunteer hours for it.
  • Hang an old door in front of the hide away space under the stairs.
  • The computer room needs the drywall mudding done. I've hung most of the drywall. Maybe I can try my hand at mudding. I'm atrocious, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Same student doing the ceiling will be doing this for said volunteer hours.
  • The trim throughout needs to be spackled and painted -partially complete
  • Trim needs to be hung and painted in both spare room and Lily's room
  • I need to start sorting, selling and purging junk. - Working on this one too.

Why is it this is so long and I don't feel all that overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong I know it's a lot of work, but for some reason I'm only freaking out a little. That is very much unlike me. Could it be the comfort I take from lists? Now, that is just down right sick if you ask me. I will come back and update things as I accomplish them. I can't do all of this right away, I know, but I have to start knocking things off the list. There is just too much to do and too much money needed for me to make huge strives to finishing things, but every little thing will add together and make a big difference.

I'm feeling very focused right now, so that can only be a good thing. I'm thinking to get things done and still find time for life and the gym, I'm going to start sleeping between 6-7 hours per night and using all the other time for this stuff. I'm going to do as much as I can when Lily isn't home because she is just too touchy right now.

Wish me luck!

Always have to consider my stitching life - I'm thinking I'm only going to be able to find time to stitch when I'm at work. I know I will take time to do some at home, but not as much as I would like.

Stay tuned for updates; house and stitching alike.

4 comments:

Chiloe said...

You probably needs more sleep than that to do all these things around the house :-o and a lot of coffee too ;-)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Whoa! What a list!!!! You can do it!

Pumpkin said...

My goodness girl, you have your hands full! What's scary is that it sounds like our house :oS That's great if you can do most of the work yourself.

Things will come together :o)

Christine said...

Wow, that's a long list! It won't seem so long when you get a lot of the little things done, like painting etc. I'm very glad for you that you have found someone that makes you so happy, your daughter will come around, eventually. Change is hard but necessary. It usually happens whether you want it or not~
Good luck with the renovations, I know you can do it!!