Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Stitching Chatter

It's been a while since I've actually talked about my stitching, and since that is the purpose of this blog, I figured now is as good a time as any! Imagine 4am and I'm posting about my stitching and I'm not even at work doing a midnight! UGGGGH. Insomnia much?

I've been diligently working away on Love with A Capital L. I've put about 4 hours into it already this week and a total of 462 stitches. Not an amazing number, but for stitching only a bit each night at work, I'm happy with the totals. I can feel the end is near. I'm happy, extremely happy and a little bit sad too. No pun intended, but I love this piece and will be sad to no longer have it to work on. Isn't that just the strangest rationale?

Since the end is nearing on Love, I've been giving some thought to what I'm going to do next. Of course I am. I wouldn't be me I wasn't always thinking of ways to tweak my rotation. Velda, I can hear you snickering from here and you can stop right now! Do YOU hear me???

When I look back over all my projects, there are some that only have the initial 5 hours worked on them and some weren't even touched, not even one time, in all of last year. So, what I'm thinking is this. After I finish Love, what if I work on each piece through my rotation for 5 hours, posting a before and after picture after each 5 hour block per piece. That should take me about 2 months or so. When I've done this once through, I will continue on with my focus piece and UFO piece for Sunday. By then I should have come up with some other idea! LOL

Don't hesitate to chime in with ideas. I'm always open for suggestions! Suggestions, Velda, not comments from the peanut gallery :)

4 comments:

Velda said...

hehehehehehe.....Bubbles?

Sally said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog Tammy! It's always good to have new readers:) Looking forward to seeing Love with a Capitol L:)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Can't wait to see your finished Love!!!

Hmmm will you really feel like you're getting anywhere with anything if you put in only 5 hours on a piece?

I tend to focus on one project and carry around a different project (smaller) to stitch at work, etc.

Pumpkin said...

You've got quite a few WIPs! LOL! Finish your Halloween Fairy! She won't take long :o)