Thursday, January 17, 2008

Holy Dinah House

My real estate friend just left. I'm overwhelmed and very much in a good way overwhelmed. He said my house isn't near as bad as I thought it was, but he can understand my thinking so, especially with my perfectionist tendencies. That is only a little bit funny.

I will do my best to summarize the visit and the things I need to do.

  • Caulk the trim to the wall. There are spaces, and caulking it and painting it will present a more finished look.
  • Get the transitions for the rooms, which I already have, get them sanded and varnished to a nice glossy shine
  • Replace the doors if I really want to - I really want to. Velda????? LOL
  • Paint the kitchen - being done this evening
  • Trim out Lily's room and the spare room.... having that looked at this evening
  • Buy carpet to go down the stairs towards the computer room and get an estimate to see what it will cost to have carpet laid to the rec room
  • Prime and paint the computer room and the doors in the computer room going to the laundry room and the garage.
  • Get bi-fold doors for under the stairs.
  • Install quarter round for the kitchen area to give it a good finished look.

I think that's it for now

Scott (renovation guy) is coming on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week to start my bathroom. I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm looking forward to this renovation. Scott is also going to do the headers in the two bedrooms and install the new closet doors. There will be before and after pics - happy V?

Andy (real estate friend) wants me to have Scott look at doing some of the other things around the house and when he's here on Tuesday to start the bathroom, I'll present him with a list of the things Andy says needs to be done. Scott is a perfectionist as well, but Andy said to just get it done, do it with quality in mind, but pretty is the key.

I'm soooo excited and not even a little bit overwhelmed right now. I know I said I was overwhelmed when I started the post. I'm not stressed. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me, but for the first time in a long time, I feel I have some direction about where I'm going and how I'm going to get there!

Andy and I were talking about various things, of course, and he says to try and shoot for getting this work done by mid-February and get my house on the market around that time and I should have no problem selling it and getting good money for it! OMG is this really happening?

5 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats!?! Sounds like things went well.

Pumpkin said...

That's great! That really doesn't seem like a lot you need to get done :o) You can do it!

Velda said...

I say we sit at starbucks and think about doors lol

Dani - tkdchick said...

Glad to hear you got some guidance on how to get your home ready to sell... not as much work as you thought eh?

Rebel In Ontario said...

Sounds wonderful and exciting all in the same breathe! Sometimes it isn't the big stuff that sells a home but the little things! I hope all the changes go smoothly and when you do go to sell, it sells quickly and for a price you are more than happy with!