Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Look Back at 2009

It's been a whirlwind of a year. There has been so much happen - good, bad and everything in between. How life flies, especially now that 2009 brought me to ripe old age of 40!

January
January was a hectic month for us all. Cute Boy, Princess and I all packed up and in to the new house. It was great to get out of the condo, but it was not an easy transition for the 3 of us.

February
February was filled with buying of tickets for concerts, first off February, was Kenny Chesney tickets to be bought for August. They were an Easter gift for Princess.

February 14th brought around this February 2 - concert - Brad Paisley with Cute Boy's youngest daughter. WOW!!! What an incredible concert that was. Such an energetic performer. After the concert we spent the night at Cute Boy's niece's place. That was fun and just what I needed.

The concert fun of February 3 wasn't over just yet. There was still the Elton John and Billy Joel tickets to purchase yet. Is it any wonder I was in need of a second job?

March
Still battling my ever growing waistline in the month of March I thought this was a tolerable number at the time, but now, as I look back I'd love to have that number staring up at me. Little did I know at the time to just appreciate that because it was only going to get worse! Oh silly me! When will I learn?

April
April 1st saw me at the Plastic surgeon's office for the consultation for a breast augmentation. I qualify, but having the financial setbacks I'm living through, so as much as I am a candidate I'm not able to continue in my quest for new boobs! So sad was me!

May
I bought this bad boy in May! I've not used it as much as I would have thought. It was too good a bargain to pass up! It was a love at first sight moment, if I've ever!

June
June threw me for a loop. I look back now and it was a pivotal month in life being how it is now in December. It was the beginning of the end of Princess living at home. It was also at this point that I realized what an amazing man I've the honour of loving. The commitment he has shown in support of me and my family is something, at times, I've taken for granted. Taken for granted to that point, but no longer. It is because of him, I've learned so much about myself. I can not thank him enough!

July
July - pretty boring. You can skip right over it!

August
I love the gift of August. It is my very first sunflower given by my dear beloved friend, Velda. No better gift could have been given to me at the time I received this gem.

September
If I could redo September I would in a heartbeat! It was the beginning of a very concerning and very scary time in my life. There are no words that could have ever prepared me for the news awaiting us in October. If I thought September was bad, I knew nothing!

October
To be able to turn back a clock, I would love to be able to do that for the month of October This is and will always be one of the saddest days of my life. I never in a million years would ever have expected to be dealt the emotional blow of Velda being diagnosed with cancer. My heart hurts to this day at the thoughts of Velda being dealt this blow! My sense of helplessness still sits heavy in my heart.

A great collection of women participated in the October - Run for the Cure. What a day. The surprise of Velda meeting our team at the finish line was extremely emotional.

One emotional event quickly followed by another with October 3rd edition Princess leaving home. The strain of figuring out how I feel in regards to my youngest daughter leaving home. Time has passed, but I still struggle.

The sad happenings of Velda getting sick, brought about October 4th edition this fun. I will forever walk with Angels. It was great to share this day with Velda, her oldest daughter and both of mine.

November
I couldn't have been more proud with my November - Queenie applying to College. She did the work. She never gave up. I paid. She pressed the 'send' button. I cried. Enough said!

December
So, the application to college is sent and that is exciting in it's own rite. Then Queenie does it again - yaaaaa December

My own personal news, shared for the first time publicly, as recent as yesterday December 2 yaaaaa me!

In closing, I will say, this has been quite a year. There have been many good and bad things. Events I would have never dreamed of or wanted. I've learned a lot about myself, but most importantly I've learned a lot about my friends and how much they will do to help me get through this crazy thing called life. Life is crazy and that is what makes it wonderful. Being surrounded by each and everyone of you here and in my real life is what represents the biggest blessings in my life!

Thank you.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Yes, you've certainly had a lot going on this last year, haven't you!

Thank you for being there for me, it was because of your honesty regarding my post about my mirror phobia that I started therapy and I now feel like I'm in such a better place than I've ever been. Thank you for being a real friend.

I hope 2010 brings you much happiness and nothing bad!

Pumpkin said...

I know it's been a very difficult year for you Tammy. I only hope that 2010 will bring some joy, happiness and peace into your life :o)

Happy New Year!