Monday, February 16, 2009

Wicked Weekend

I don't even know where to begin with my weekend.

I worked 6p-2am the previous week, so Friday night I was stuck at work. I had the misfortune of having to deal with an unbalanced paranoid doctor. This man is the one that was on call as Admin. It is decision and responsibility to determine if and when something is deemed urgent for further investigation and call in of support staff in whatever area is dealing with a situation. After dealing with this man for over an hour, covering everything from him calling on the emergency (life or death code phone), to wondering if the person wanting to speak to him is a real person or not (WTF?), to the situation being frivolous.... how do I know. I do what I'm told and contact people, I don't question their requests, especially not if the person requesting is second in command to this man???? Imagine that?! Anyway, what I'm getting at here is I'm probably going to be written up on Tuesday. Great way to begin a long weekend. Truth be told, I don't care if he writes me up. He was in the wrong and I'll fight it!

Saturday sees me up and at 'em about 9:30a. I'm heading to Ottawa to see Crystal Shawanda, Dierks Bentley and Brad Paisley in concert with Cute Boy's youngest daughter. All I can say is OMG!!!!!

Crystal Shawanda - Can that girl sing! She has the most incredibly strong voice. She sang Let Go and was crying. Her voice broke down at a very emotional point in the song. It was heartbreaking... I was crying knowing that she was emotionally struggling to sing. She thanked the audience for helping her along when she cried. Very cute little thing she is!

Deirks Bentley - I know he's cute and all and had heard he was an awesome entertainer. Cute doesn't come anywhere near. That guy is soooooo cute he's dreamy! His set was so fun and upbeat. There was only one song we didn't know and that was because it's off his new album and not yet released. It will be a huge hit once it is though. So, country music fan readers, listen for Sideways. You'll be glad you did. It's a fun one!

Brad Paisley - WOW!!! The show he put on was out of this world great. I was impressed with the quality of the stage show. The integration between the live show and the 'guests' he had on the screen. My meltdown moment came when he was doing 'Start A Band', he goes to the backdrop screen and there is Keith Urban! Be still my beating heart! I lost it. Alison Krauss was there. I'm not a huge fan of hers, but she is unbelievably beautiful and a voice of an angel.

The encore was done with BB King, in a live feed from L.A. That was uber cool. That boy certainly knows how to put on a show.

The end of the show had Cute Boy's daughter and I GPS'ing our way to Tasha's for a very late night, or extremely early morning filled with wine and laughter. Tasha and I in the wine, not the minor! Little one stayed up until about 2:30a or so, while Tasha and I hit the sack at 6am. It was a short sleep and a killer long drive home. It is not fun driving home 1.5hrs, hung over and tired, but I wasn't thinking of that the night before while tipping the ol' wine glass, now was I?

I'm glad to report I'm finally starting to feel better and am recuperating from my very busy weekend. Is it Friday yet?

2 comments:

Bre said...

Sounds like the concert was amazing!! I have seen Brad twice and would go again in an instant!!! he really does know how to entertain!!

Pumpkin said...

My goodness girl! You've been on the go. Glad you had a great time because it sure sounds like you needed it :o)