Monday, February 02, 2009

Super Bowl Super Women Super Feeling

Do you have those mornings that you wake up and feel incredible? Not sure of the why of it, but you just feel on 'your game'. That is how I feel this morning. I slept like garbage last night, which is a new thing for me after my recent bout of sleeplessness, so this feeling is extremely unexpected, but no less enjoyed.

The time on the clock was ugly and I would have loved to spend more time between the sheets, but life being what life is, I was up and at 'em. A good cup of coffee and a few minutes catching a couple blog entries and then it was time to get down to the business of getting ready for work.

Last night was spent with 3 awesome women for a girl's Super Bowl party. It was such a blast. Krista, in true Krista fashion, is an incredible host. There was more food there than any human being should ever have the choice to eat in one sitting. Miss Mary and Deb (ting ting ting ting ting ting ting) were also in attendance. My abs are still aching a wee bit from the laughter as well as my stomach being stretched to the max from the foods I shouldn't have eaten, but enjoyed.

I think part of my mood this morning has to do with knowing I have that damn elliptical in the basement. I'm looking forward to giving it a work out tonight. When unpacking things yesterday I found the free weights. There aren't many, but I really don't need many. The weight bench is also in the house from the garage too. I will have Cute Boy help me get things situated down there and then I'm on way to a small home gym. No more excuses! I will still hit the gym when my work and life commitments allow, but knowing I have access to the equipment in the basement does my mental state good! It doesn't take much to impress me. :)

I can feel my shoulders and arms today. That is pathetic and an indicator as to how far I've let myself go physically. That I'm feeling pain today from 21 minutes on the elliptical is sad, so very sad. Why is it then, that I laugh or smile every time I feel the pain? That would be because I'm changing and committing to being more fit and healthier! I love it!

The day just got better, as I type this Keith Urban is playing on my radio. Life couldn't get any better than this minute right here, right now!

Have an awesome happy healthy day!

5 comments:

Velda said...

Sounds like a perfect evening/day! I'm glad you're so happy :)

K-Pow said...

Too funny. Yes, as tired as I am this morning it was totally worth it. Sorry for all the garbage I served, but it had to go! LOL

We will do it again soon I am sure!

Kristin said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I love your positive attitude! :)

Pumpkin said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! We all need that once in awhile ;o)