Friday, February 06, 2009

In a New York Minute


Cute Boy and I have a date with these two fine gentleman on June 1st.

It was longer than a New York Minute to get my grubby little hands on these tickets. It took my 2.5 hours to get through. I was calling the 1-800 number, the long distance number and the on-line website refreshing. Cute Boy was also trying to get tickets too at the same time. Many hundreds of dollars later there is a date in the future that I'm looking forward to, very much.

I think back to when I was a young girl singing away to Billy Joel and Elton John, strutting my stuff in the 'hood, thinking I'm all that and a bag of chips! To think I'm actually going to be rockin' out with them is beyond my wildest dreams!

WOOHOO! Bring on June 1st already.

5 comments:

Bre said...

WoW! Color me jealous!! What an exciting night that will be!!

Kristin said...

Oh man...I am so damned jealous. I remember seeing Billy Joel when he came to Chapel Hill eons ago. The lights went down and the whole stadium shook as the choppers in the beginning of Good Night Saigon started to come over the speakers.

Velda said...

I am so fricken' jealous!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Are you coming to Ottawa for the concert? I know they're coming here but I've not paid attention to the dates.

Pumpkin said...

That's awesome! I bet that will be a good show although I don't like Billy Joel that much.

You are pretty dedicated to spend 2.5 hours trying to get tickets though! Now if that were Bon Jovi I wouldn't even blink an eye ;o)