Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Mental Refresher

I got home from work last night to the most wonderful sight. Cute Boy in the kitchen. I can't tell you happy I am that he and I are in a good place and with that good place, all the support and good he brings to my life.

I grinned a little grin when I saw him in the kitchen. I groaned a little groan too. On the counter was 2 bricks of cheese and macaroni... what is that???? That is the making of his macaroni and cheese casserole. I love it. I hate it. I love it more! It is sooo tasty but soooo ass fattening. Last night, I didn't care I just enjoyed it. He made supper and I was appreciative of every bite.

There are days when my life is an emotional roller coaster and there are days when I don't know how I got it so good.

You see, Cute Boy is anal (not in a bad way anal, like me) about the garbage. The garbage is a household chore he likes to do. Last night was garbage night. I had to do nothing. He likes to play in the snow - read shovel and snowplow. We are in the midst of a couple days of snowy weather. I've done nothing. Okay, nothing might be pushing it. He shovels. I drink coffee/tea/wine. He shovels and I'm in the house shoveling. While on the topic of household chores, I'll continue to sing his praises. He likes to cut the grass too. So, in the summer he's cutting the grass I'm on the deck with a book reading. How did I get so lucky?

I've been off my game mentally since I'm feeling like I'm not appreciated and some other things that have been pointed out to me by a person I can barely tolerate, but the comments have hit home and are rooting in my head and heart. I was mentally and emotionally drained when I got home from work last night. The timing of Cute Boy's culinary help and wonder were right on target. After dinner we went in to our room with the intention of (get your mind out of the gutter) watching a movie after the early edition news. I don't remember the news since I fell asleep to the rhythm of Cute Boy rubbing my back. I can remember laying there telling him how sweet he is with a tear rolling down my cheek. He doesn't know I had the tears unless he reads about it here, which he normally doesn't. It's one of those moments that you know this is where you were meant to be and with whom.

See the pattern of my roller coaster life though? Tuesday night so sad and heart broken at feeling unappreciated and disrespected. Wednesday night just the complete opposite. Nothing more to worry about than being loved by Cute Boy with no worries from him whatsoever. As much as I appreciate the love, support and general taking care of me, I wonder if I'm going crazy and what the hell is wrong with me. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Down. Make sense?

Somewhere along the way things with Cute Boy and I just clicked in how we live this life of ours together. Our life isn't going to always be easy, but right now I'm going to take every minute of and enjoy it. I was thinking last night, how is it that I became the princess in my life? I can't say for certain, but I think it's Cute Boy! How lucky I am.

1 comment:

K-Pow said...

Awwww..that is so good to hear. Glad to hear that Cute Boy is making sure that you are taken care of. It makes a world of difference.

Hugs!