Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Breaking News

I've officially lost my mind! I know it may surprise some of you, but others not so much.

Under the tutelage of
Bre, I will be undertaking one of the biggest challenges of my life to date

There are many people that have been instrumental in my mental belief that this is something I can do. Don't get me wrong my head space is filled with reasons why I can't do this, how difficult it is going to be, and so on and so on! I am putting the negative chatter in the garbage as of right now. I want this and that is as good a reason as any to want to do this and to do it!

The following
women, to name a few have been inspirational. They come from arious walks of life and reasons for doing what they do to live healthier and more fit in their day to day to life.

I've been sitting on this information for about a month now. It was during a conversation with my friend Pam that I first thought this was something I could do, something I wanted to do. I still sat on it a couple more days before sending the e-mail to Bre. In true, Bre generosity, she has offered to take me under her wing and cyber train from Sacramento California. I couldn't be more honoured and happy to have a training partner such as Bre. I love you, girl! You are my inspiration and driving force. I hope you don't regret 'taking me under your wing'. I know you've already said you don't, but this journey of ours has just begun, honey!

Before I mentally and emotionally committed to this huge goal, I talked with Cute Boy and both my girls and with Velda. Every time I would talk about this want of mine, I would cry. Every e-mail I send to Bre or read from her, I cry! She tells me it has taken her 5 halfs to not cry coming over the finish line. Crossing the finish line I expect to cry. Writing an e-mail???

Those that I have listed as inspiration, let me give you a little insight as to why.

Bre - because you are you! You have given so willing of your experience, time and knowledge!
Krista - that one goes without saying - I love you!
Amy - You are a work out goddess! You just go about your business and get it done! In short order - you rock!
Tigerlily - Some days it is as though your blog post was written from my the words floating in my own head. I identify so much with your struggles and your victories! You are a wonderful inspiration!

6 comments:

K-Pow said...

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Are you doing a half marathon??????

Bre said...

You are going to do so great! I wish I could train with you in person, but this is the next best thing!!

Tigerlilly said...

(((((HUGS)))))

Awww, you made me tear up. I've got to tell you, I was thinking of deleting my blog this week. Its hard to share your victories, but even harder to share your failures. Knowing that you are out their feeling what I feel, makes me want to keep sharing. Eventually we're gonna get this right!

I have faith that you (and I) will succeed in what you put your mind too. I'm here for you too, should you ever need another shoulder to lean on! I'll be thinking of you as I run my first half marathon in 3 weeks!!!!

Syl said...

That is such great news! you will cross that finish line with flying colors I know you will. you can do this, you are strong, you are beautiful and what can you achieve...the sky is the limit!
So proud of you!

Kristin said...

You can do it Tammy! Go Tammy Go!!!

magickalstitches said...

You'll do great girl! You may have lost your way with running, but I know how much you loved it. Once I get moved we can cheer each other on...I'm not running though, I'll be cycling. My goal is a century ride! (that's 100 miles)