Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Done Like a Dinner

So, we went out for dinner. It was great to see my in-laws. The food was great. The reason for the gathering was great as well. The attitude from the girl for the reason for the celebration - not so much.

I was asked for pictures. The attitude took care of that. After the attitude I couldn't be bothered to take pictures. Why bother? To commemorate the joyous gathering?

I'm so sick and tired of being treated like I'm just a carpet. The tone and ignorance is beyond what I can handle. I'm at the end of my mental rope. I will tolerate this no longer! I'm done like a dinner and all it took was a final celebration dinner to see that I'm not respected or appreciated. I'm nothing more than a means to an end. The end has come for me.

My heart breaks at the way I feel right now, but that broken heart is not an indication of weakness, but rather a resolve to stop being an emotional punching bag for those that use me as such. So, the tears I cried last night and the heaviness of thoughts today are not a lack of strength. It is more a show of strength that I am shutting down my emotions and from here on out just going through the paces.

Done like a dinner is me!

4 comments:

Syl said...

Hugs Tammy, I hope today is a better day for you.

K-Pow said...

Oh TT!!!

I hope your day gets better too!

HUGE SQUISHY HUGS!!

XOXO

Chiloe said...

But you know you are worth more than that! that's what matters, not what they think !

By the way, I have my first Christmas giveaway on my blog ( a $56 value) Good luck !!! http://chiloescorner.blogspot.com/2009/12/amazing-christmas-giveaway.html

Pumpkin said...

I'm sorry the dinner didn't go as planned :o( She surely doesn't know what a great mom she has.