Friday, August 28, 2009

Sunflower Virgin No More

My favorite flower is the sunflower, yet I've never owned one of my own - until yesterday. I went to visit Velda whom I haven't seen in a very long time. It was during my visit and our conversation about the things I like and how simple a girl I am to please, that she gave me a sunflower from her bouquet of flowers from her husband. I'm so touched. I love it. I cried a little bit... wet teary eyes.

I have this beauty now sitting on my counter. It looks right at home and brings a smile to my face every time I walk past it.

Velda, you know me so well... too well sometimes. I love you! Thank you so much for something that just comes so easily from you - your thoughtfulness! You took an otherwise tough day (and week) and made it a little more bearable.

Is it silly of me to be crying as I type this. I really need to get a life!

2 comments:

Velda said...

awww sweetie you're welcome. You know you're like a sister to me. I'm glad I could help. And for the record, ditto from you to me.

Kristin said...

Its lovely. You know, they are very easy to grow.