Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A Great State of Mind

Isn't it funny how some days you get up and you just feel great? That is how I feel today. I'm not sure why I feel the way I do, but I'll take it. I have a couple ideas as to what might be the reason for feeling how I do though.

I visited Velda yesterday. In all that she has been dealing with lately I'm amazed at her outlook, attitude and overall approach to life. I could never put to words what her friendship has meant to me over the years and still means to me. I question who really gets the most out of our friendship and I have to say it's me. Hands down, me. I go visit her because I think she needs me and I tell you, I need her. I'm not in an emotionally need place, but just spending time with her talking and being together is just the most precious gift. V, I know you're reading and not always commenting, so know - I love you!

Another contributing factor to my mood today is that I'm spending time with Princess tonight. It has been awfully tough with her not living at home. I miss her greatly and as much that is expected it's still tough to not see her every day. It will do my heart good to see her pretty little face tonight and to hear her beautiful laughter. There is something about that girl and her honest to goodness laughter. It is the most wonderful sound.

Cute Boy and are I just skating along and doing well. That is not to say we don't have issues. Who doesn't? We are just so better at dealing with them. When we disagree now, I just slough it off and deal with it. It is no longer the end of the world, the end of our relationship or something that sets me in to a total tailspin. That is part and parcel to the counselling and learning about how we work together and communicate. Ya us! Ya me! It doesn't hurt either that Cute Boy is just too darn cute! If I could package up his smile and keep it in my pocket I seriously would. How creepy is that?

And, last, but certainly not least and probably one of the biggest contributors to the mood and feeling I have right now. I've been 6 days on WW plan and I ran one day this week. I know one day on the treadmill is not enough and no where near what I need to be doing to get ready for a half marathon. Mentally, knowing I have a plan and I'm working towards putting it in motion (literally and figuratively) has done wonders for my mindset already. My attitude can only be attributed to feeling in control which hasn't happened for me in what seems like ages. I am the maker of my own success and failure, and right now that is the best feeling in the world!

Have a great day! Do something today that will make you feel amazing. You deserve it!

2 comments:

K-Pow said...

You have no idea how much this post excites me.

And yes, putting CB's smile in your pocket is just a wee bit creepy but you somehow make it sound very cute!!

Loves & hugs!

Pumpkin said...

It's great to see you in such a positive mood Tammy! Keep it up :o)