Thursday, January 14, 2010

Clickity Click Click

That is what my fingers did tonight while registering for the Ottawa Half Marathon. I just registered for a HALF MARATHON!!!!! OMG!!!! I can't believe this is actually happening.

All but one girl is registered. That was a moment, entering my information. OMG!!!!! I can't believe I'm actually doing this. I never in a million years would have dreamed this would be something I would do. Not to mention, doing the actual run by myself. No one there to hold my hand. No one there to push me mentally or physically. Just me on the road with my ipod and my thoughts. It's the thoughts part that scares me.

I am not saying for one minute this will be a solitary journey because it wont be. Not at all. I have the girls that are taking the trip with me, but the list doesn't stop there. There are my friends, each of you that will listen to my stories as I prepare. There is Bre who has so graciously offered to share her basket of knowledge to help and prepare me for this journey. Those of you that will ask about my crappy left calf muscle - stupid thing, and offer ways of keeping it from hurting. Those that will give advice from your own training experiences. There is Krista that has offered to train with me which, I love and when the weather gets better, I'll take. I'm a fair weather outside runner. No way do I want to run outside in January. Yes, I'm a wimp. There is Cute Boy that has already had to listen to more preparation talk, running talk than any human should have to suffer though, as well having to witness the tears I shed when I first vocalized my desire to undertake this challenge.

I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm scared. I'm hopeful. I'm freaking out! OMG I can't believe this is actually happening!!!!!

This may be something I'm doing on my own while on the road, but in no way am I doing it without the support of each and everyone of you!

Thank you so very much.

3 comments:

Bre said...

I'm so friggin excited for you! Reading your post brought back all my emotions as I registered for my first race - and the OMG moment when I hit submit and realized what I did! I'm so proud!!! Oh and I will respond back to your email tomorrow!

K-Pow said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

You have NO idea how excited I am for you.

Yes, the running will be up to you...but any time you need a kick, talk, shoulder or just an ear you know you have many that will help you along the way (myself definitely included!)

Pumpkin said...

Good for you!!!!