Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Didn't Wanna Do It

I didn't want to run today. Oh, how I didn't want to run. I woke up tired this morning. I know that doesn't really make sense, but that is how I felt. Tired. I had my almond milk oats, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!, and my coffee after which I headed down to the treadmill. I looked at it and I didn't like what I saw. No matter. The work was scheduled, so the work out would be done.

I got down on the floor and stretched out. On to the beast I climbed. I know you'll probably be surprised when I tell you this, because I was surprised and I lived it. I had a great run! Strangely enough, probably the best run I've had yet. I pushed out 3.8K in 30 minutes. I played with the speed and I was only supposed to do 3:1's, but sometimes I did 4:1's. I'm a rebel like that. It felt amazing! I had sweat on my elbows at about 10-15 minutes in. I had it on my chest too, but at a later time in my run. I thought it was my ipod cord hitting my neck. I giggled a little when I realized it was sweat. Gross, I know, but I love to sweat when I work out! It makes me feel so hard core!

I've said it before and I since I thought it was an amazing thought then I figure it will still be amazing. This working out/running with a purpose is the best thing. It is also the best thing I could have done for myself.

Wednesday is an off day. Off day from training, but still a busy day. I am helping my youngest daughter (16 -GASP) move in to her own place. All I can say, is I'm glad that I have the distraction of training for this half marathon to take my mind off my worries about Princess. 16 years old moving in to her own bachelor apartment. Good grief!

Have a great day. Be kind to the ones you love.

3 comments:

K-Pow said...

OMG...We are on the same wave length girl.

I just blogged about something VERY similar! LOL

Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great run! Isn't that feeling the best? I love whn I force myself through a work out only to feel incredible afterwards. It is a great reward for pushing yourself. :)

Syl said...

my best workouts are usually the ones I dread the most!

When I started running and didn't want to go I always said to myself, lace up your shoes turn your ipod on and if you are not into it within 5 minutes, turn around and go home....I have never once came home until AFTER I was fully completed my run :-) funny how the mind works!

Great job!