Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lucky 7's

I'm currently in the middle of week 7 of training for my half marathon. That blows my mind! I've learned a lot about myself in the last 7 weeks a few of the things are:

  • I am mentally stronger than I realize.
  • I am blessed with a non-needy boyfriend that allows me the freedom to do what I need to do.
  • I missed being physically active.
  • I have more time in my day than I ever thought and I'm learning to prioritize that time.
  • I have a purpose in this running thing and I like it.

So, enough of the lessons. On to the fun stuff!

I put on a pair of pants today that didn't fit last month. WOOHOO!!!! I'm loving that. I guess those treadmill sessions are making a difference. I'm only kidding I know they are and it feels incredible. I've lost somewhere around an 1 inch off my hips. That makes for a very happy me. I still have a long way to go, but I'm happy with the progress so far.

I hit the treadmill today for a moderate run during which time I covered 4.2K. I love watching the numbers climb on my total distance tally. This is getting more difficult in distance for my long runs, but I'm really having a lot of fun figuring it all out.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Bre said...

Need I say it again? I will - I'm so proud!!!

Syl said...

I'm so excited to follow your journey to your half, you are doing so great!

Chiloe said...

Woohoo !!! Great progress ! I'm glad you are acheiving what you have planned ;-) hugs!

Anonymous said...

That is just so awesome

We think this blog is awesome would like to invite you to join http://kitchengang.ning.com/

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your runs. You are doing such a great job! Keep up the good work!