I'm currently in the middle of week 7 of training for my half marathon. That blows my mind! I've learned a lot about myself in the last 7 weeks a few of the things are:
- I am mentally stronger than I realize.
- I am blessed with a non-needy boyfriend that allows me the freedom to do what I need to do.
- I missed being physically active.
- I have more time in my day than I ever thought and I'm learning to prioritize that time.
- I have a purpose in this running thing and I like it.
So, enough of the lessons. On to the fun stuff!
I put on a pair of pants today that didn't fit last month. WOOHOO!!!! I'm loving that. I guess those treadmill sessions are making a difference. I'm only kidding I know they are and it feels incredible. I've lost somewhere around an 1 inch off my hips. That makes for a very happy me. I still have a long way to go, but I'm happy with the progress so far.
I hit the treadmill today for a moderate run during which time I covered 4.2K. I love watching the numbers climb on my total distance tally. This is getting more difficult in distance for my long runs, but I'm really having a lot of fun figuring it all out.
Have a great day!