Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Yankee Grass

There is a bit of a story to this post. Robin, from Saudia Arabia, by way of New Hampshire has been sending me New York Yankee gifts for years now, by way of Velda.

This year things took a turn for the different because of Velda's diagnosis and this year's gift took an even longer time to arrive. It went from Robin, to New York via Margaret, via Tina who was in the U.S. and then in Canada visiting Velda. I hope I got the story right. Those that are involved the trafficking of my grass (Yankee grass, not weed grass), that may read my blog correct any mistakes I may have made.

So, there is the back story of my grass. However it got to me, I couldn't be happier. I am now the proud owner of Yankee grass courtesy of Robin, another die-hard Yankee fan.



When Cute Boy and I get our basement done and turned in to the bar/sports room that we are planning to do, I'm going to plant Yankee grass to sit on a shelf in the back of our bar. I also have a Yankees World Series hat that was given to my by the priest that visits our office. He is not a Yankee fan, but still bestows wonderful gifts on the crazy girl in the office. The crazy girl would be me.

How lucky am I?? I'd say pretty lucky. Robin, I can not thank you enough for your thoughtful generosity.

5 comments:

Syl said...

What a long way that grass has come! wow what a story!

Glad you are going to have somewhere to put it and remind you of all the important people that helped get it to you :-)

Amy said...

I looooooove it!

Did you see my world series ornament I got this year at Christmas?

GOOOOO YANKEES!

Anonymous said...

Yankee grass - that is AWESOME!

Kristina said...

yep, the grass was given to Margaret by Robin to deliver to Velda but didn't make it. We picked it up from Margaret and took it to Velda a little later than originally planned but you got your grass and Velda got her candles & rug.

Kristina

Robin said...

Woo Hoo! So glad you got your grass! It was originally imported from New York, to New Hampshire, back to New York, LOLOL.