Tuesday, February 02, 2010

College Queen Amongst Us

I just got off the phone with Queenie! She just got her e-mail of acceptance to St. Lawrence College! I'm so happy for her. I can't even begin to imagine how she must feel.

I had the quickest of conversations with her and in the short conversation, she made me laugh so much. She had a really cute take on the past month. She had been without a job for about 6 weeks and getting by with the little bits of money I could send her and with help from a friend of hers that she is staying with. Yesterday, she got a job that she starts this coming Monday and today she got her college acceptance letter.

When I was talking to her last night, I had said to her, "See never give up. You never know how things can turn around in a single day." Her response, Yeah really. What a twist. I've got whip lash." In the span of 24 hours, Queenie has a job and a college admission. I am over the moon proud of her. It has been no easier for me, watching her struggle and find her way in this crazy life of hers! It was only Saturday night that I was struggling with questions about my decisions and my contributions to the craziness of this life. Funny, how things turn around, eh!

Now to start with the attempt of saving money to help pay for this new adventure of Queenie. I can see the debt payments not going down as quickly as I would like now. All for the greater good of the kid!

Queenie, I know there are times you read my blog, and this is for you: From the bottom of my heart, I love you! I couldn't be prouder of you than I am this very minute. You've come a long way, baby! You're on your way now. The future is yours and you have the power to make this life, your life, amazing! MWAH. Love you, sweetie xoxoxo



2 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats to Queenie!
What is she going to study?

Margaret said...

That is soooooooo exciting!!!! Congratulations to her. I can't wait to hear about her college adventures.