Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Zero Tolerance

Today is the start of Lent and in celebration I'm giving up Coke Zero.

I have developed quite an addiction to the Coke Zero, I have. I drink a minimum of one per day. I've been telling myself for quite some time that I have to cut back or cut out the Coke Zero an as any true addict, I kept putting it off until tomorrow. Tomorrow never seemed to come until yesterday.

Over the years I've given up Vachon Half Moons, Cappuccino from Tim Horton's, Milky Way Chocolate bars and many other things that I can't think of right now. It was always through Lent that I would break the addiction to whatever ridiculous food phase I was in. This year is going to be no different.

In other non-Lent related news, I got up and ran this morning before work. I know that is the norm for many, but not me. I got my 32 minute run in, just over 4K. I loved it. I mean I didn't love it when the alarm went off I was standing on the treadmill in what seemed like a fog, but I really did love it. 3AP's later and I felt like a million bucks. Work out done for the day and I'm so happy.

I got a work out DVD from the library. It is called Iron Yoga. I've never done a single move of Yoga in my entire life. I'm looking forward to this. When I'm in my fitness groove, I'm all about weights and balancing it with cardio, so I'm hoping this Yoga with small hand weight is right what I need.

I think that's all. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Marcelle said...

Tammy Coke Zero is filled with ASPARTAME...please, please dont go back to it when your lent is over...
I ended up in hospital with the side effects of Aspartame...it gave me the same site effects of MS...its so scary, I wont touch the stuff and have promised myself I will warn everyone who I care about...so warning you..drink water...I had to learn to enjoy water...

Rebel In Ontario said...

I've given up my coffee for lent, a minimum of three cups a day and I'm planning on staying away from it, forever. And I second Marcelle, the doctor who treats my thyroid condition told me under no circumstances should I have aspartame anywhere near my body - worst chemical you can ingest. Hope your lent goes smoothly, did you go to Ash Wednesday service yesterday?