Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lead Legs and Life

Life was pretty quiet around here today.

Cute Boy and I lounged in bed until 11am this morning. After nights of 5 hours sleep more often than not this past week and 5am wake up calls, this was a small slice of heaven.

I've been hitting the treadmill this week. Today's run was crap, but the rest of the week I felt incredible. I think my motivation may have found it's way home. WOOHOO for me. I also lifted some weights today. The first time in so long, I don't actually remember the previous session. The big work out news is that this week I've been on the treadmill 5 of 7 days for a total run distance of 15K. I'm really happy with that!

I ran today and didn't have much in the tank. Lead legs would be the best description. I'll take the 2K I did and be happy with the effort. It's not about moving mountains, but one small stone at a time. How did I get so 'okay' with just making an effort to better myself. I used to push to the point of exhaustion, which isn't a bad thing, but sometimes to the point of obsession. I'm so much more at peace with just doing what I can, when I can.

There is other news developing in my house that will really change how life is around here. I'm not 100% if it will or will not happen at this point, but keeping my mind open to :ll possibilities. I hope and pray for the best outcome and if that is to be, the change will be happening and happening in the very near future. When things are concrete one way or another I'll update. Until an update, please send positive thoughts. Life could get very interesting!

Happy healthy days to each of you.

3 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Oh Tammy, you're such a tease!!!!

Kristin said...

Lots of positive thoughts my friend.

K-Pow said...

A tease indeed...We are going to need more info than that!