Friday, September 11, 2009

Birthday Babes and a Beautiful Cake


Who knew Miss Mary was so talented? I sure didn't. She keeps her talents well guarded - too guarded if you ask me.

An impromptu birthday party was thrown together for me at work last night. Pam and I work every other week on an evening shift and Miss Mary works Tuesday and Thursday until 6:30p, so a mini birthday party was planned. It worked out really well because the super cool new girl was working last night and she got to participate in the good times. Friendships are being made amongst us all and that is one of the best birthday gifts a girl could ever ask for.

Mary made this little beauty for me. The picture does not do it justice. This is one of the prettiest cakes I've ever seen. I can barely form a rectangle when making a cake in a 9x13 pan, to hell with making it look like a heart! :) It tastes good too! Yummy yummy in my tummy!

Pam made dinner. Mary made the cake. Tracy (new girl) supplied the laughs! It was good times. There is nothing sweeter than being surrounded by good friends and know you are loved by those friends. It feels like a hug from the inside out (thanks for that one V).

You girls rock! Thank you for spending the night with me and with each other!

3 comments:

K-Pow said...

Very cool. Sorry I missed out on the fun.....Yes, Miss Mary is definitely talented. My cupcakes are no match!! LOL

Velda said...

This makes me very happy :)

Pumpkin said...

I didn't know it was your birthday! Happy Birthday my friend and I'm glad it was a good one. What better than good friends and good food ;o)