Monday, September 07, 2009

Hangin' 'Em Up

The ball cleats that is. My year end ball tournament has come and gone. My time on the field has come to an end. I've been playing ball now for 15 years and I've decided to call it quits.

It was good while it lasted and I have made some amazing friends, but my time has come to pass. I look forward to next year, sitting on the side line with Isabelle and cheering you on. It will be odd to not be lacing up the cleats, I know. I just no longer have the desire or fire to get out there and play the game any more. I find I'm making more mistakes than not, I can't stand the feeling of failure when I don't convert a play. It is just not what it used to be for me. I put too much pressure on myself and with that I'm calling it a day.

The baseball years have been good to me. It is here that Cute Boy and I found our way to each other. I have met so many amazing people that I've not otherwise had the opportunity to meet. The memories and laughs will last a lifetime.

Missing from the photo is: Morgan and Luke. Morgie was out with a bad back (poor thing) and Luke was out of town at a wedding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your retirement :)

K-Pow said...

you will definitey be missed sweet TT!!!!

looking forward to hearing you cheer us on from the sidelines :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Its a tough decision to give up someting you love... but sometimes its the right thing to do.