Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Snap, Rip, Tear

What a wake up call! This last week for me has been nothing short of eye opening.

I know for a while now, too long really, I've been needing to find my way back to a healthier lifestyle and better food choices. I've been hitting the treadmill every other day since Labour Day. The timing couldn't have been better.

I'm on the early shift this week and it's a killer week. I am not friends with an alarm that demands your attention at 5am, especially when the night before my head didn't hit the pillow a minute before midnight. Add to that being woke up at 2:30am and still being awake at 3:30a... oh how I. LOVE. MY. LIFE. Not last night I didn't.

The early mornings and the fact that others are still sleeping at 5am, I always lay my clothing out the night before. I did so last night just like any other night. Fast forward to this morning, and I mean really fast forward! I got dressed in my laid out clothing. If getting dressed means shimmying my expanded hips and arse into a pair of jeans that fit great as of the beginning of the year, then that is what I did. I'm hoping up and down into these jeans, hoofing on the belt loops. I know this is a bad thing from past experience, when SNAP!!!, the belt loop gives and tears from the fabric! That was an awesome moment. I could have cried, but sadly I didn't have time to cry. I had to go search for a sweater (translate - muffin top coverage for the spillage over my jeans).... oh again - I. LOVE. MY. LIFE. Actually, this isn't really about my life, but my lifestyle!

It all begins today. It will begin again tomorrow and the next day. You get the idea. I'm done with this stupidity and my lack of changing my life. I take the pledge to do something better for me. Today. Tomorrow. The next day.

I'm going to be moving right along with those Biggest Losers. I want to be a loser too. I used to be the driven little energizer bunny. I'm not looking for that at this point and time. My life is no where near that kind of driven passion any longer. The support system isn't what it used to be and that is okay. I need to find my way back to a movement of my body, my mind and less movement of hand to mouth, hand and mouth filled with garbage food!

Since Labour Day have hit the treadmill 5x. That is 5x more than in August. I will incorporate some weights in there. I don't have the best weight system at the moment, but I can do more than I do right now. I will put to use the Oxygen magazines I buy each month. I will do this. I'm on my way. I have to learn to start over every day and trust the process.

3 comments:

Bre said...

You deserve to do this for yourself, stay true to you and everything else will fall in place. You are worth it!

K-Pow said...

Sorry to hear about the snap, rip, tear.

You know (as well as I do) that you can do ANYTHING you pretty heart desires!!!

Get-er-done!!!!

Pumpkin said...

Hey, I have a muffing top! LOL! I like to call it my Budda Belly :o) There is no shame in that although I would like to tone it up. I've been doing sit ups every morning. I hope you can figure out a solution Tam.