Thursday, September 24, 2009

Imagine That!


75 hours
Paula Vaughan's Wildflower Rhapsody

Well, isn't that something! A stitching picture on a blog that started as a place to share my love of cross stitch. Please excuse the quality of the picture. It was taken with my cel phone. Not the best quality, but you get the idea. .

It has been ages since I've stitched and even longer since I've been able to share a picture update with you. I don't know what has sparked the desire this week. I'll take it though and go with it as long as it lasts.

It was 2 years ago this month that I started this piece. I never imagined it would take me this long to finish it. Hmph! What do I mean finish it? I'm nowhere near to finished! It's not that big a piece. I've about 11 other pieces on the go, not that they have occupied my time in anyway. I've just had no time and worse than that, no desire to stitch.

This piece is being stitched as a retirement gift for a girl here in my office. It is a retirement that is far off in years, but may not be in all actuality. The woman's health is not good AT ALL, and as it appears to me from time to time, she could be out and gone from the office as soon as tomorrow. It may sound as though I'm overreacting, but that is really how it appears to me.

Hopefully it doesn't take me another 5 months to be back with an update. May not be on this piece, but something. Let's hope.

Thanks for looking.


5 comments:

Rebel In Ontario said...

Looking lovely! If you need an excuse to sit and stitch, let me know, my door is always open (and close - don't forget that)! Cheers!

Alberta said...

That is a beautiful Paula Vaughn piece! I hadn't see that one before. I want to stitch on of her designs as part of my 101 things to do...sigh...I need more days! lol

Velda said...

wow awesome girl!!!!!! Guess what I've been doing for the last two days? How weird is that...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Pumpkin said...

Good to see you stitching again Tammy :o) Hopefully it will continue because this is a beautiful piece.