Friday, September 11, 2009

The Everything As of Late Update

Sometimes being an adult sucks. Being responsible for your own successes and shortcomings is a pain in the ass!

~~~~~~~~~~
Cute Boy and I have been invited to go on a cruise in just over a month with 3 other couples. As much as I would love, really really love to go, I have to say I can't afford it. The timing couldn't be worse for me right now. That's where being an adult and responsible about my mistakes comes in to play. I just can't afford it and I know it. Saying no was hard. Crying over my mistakes doesn't change anything, nor did the tears do much to alleviate my frustration either.

~~~~~~~~~~
My weigh in this morning was crappy! I knew it would be. There was no way I was going to be able to keep off my weight lost from my sick WI edition. I partied too much and ate too much. I just started moving on Tuesday (more on that later). My weight and body images are going to be an issue for me and my focus on getting this body of mine in a place that I'm comfortable.

~~~~~~~~~~
I applied for a part time job on Wednesday. It closes today at 1pm. I'm nervous as hell. I really want/need this job. It is casual, so the hours wont be ridiculous in amount, but when I would be working at both jobs, I will be MIA from life. The money is great and it would really go a long way towards getting rid of my debt load.

I'm trying not to spend money that I don't already have, although I have been giving my plan of attack some thought. I'm confident I will at least get an interview because the job I applied for is what I do now for a living, but with another institution. My best friend already works in this second place, permanent part time and she is going to put in a good word for me. Cross your fingers. The time away and exhaustion will be okay because it will be replacing financial stress. What is worse than financial stress? Nothing!?

~~~~~~~~~~
I've been making friends with the treadmill this week. We hadn't been speaking to each other lately. She pissed me off and I was giving her the cold shoulder. Well, we spent a couple mornings together. I couldn't stay long. Only about 20 minutes per visit, but we were still able to cover a lot of ground together. All in all we covered about 4.1K together. It was a good start to rebuild our friendship. We are both a little tentative around each other yet, but I think with some time and some trust on both sides her and I will be fine again. It does a girls heart good to fix broken relationships.


1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! I'm sorry that you can't go on that cruise :o( Yes, being an adult really does suck sometimes.