Monday, April 07, 2008

WOOHOO It's Monday!

This will be, or should be, a quick post today.

Princess is coming home today. She should be here before I have to leave for work at about 2:20p. I'm going to head to the gym this morning rather than do it on my way to work, so I can see her before I have to work today.

I know it's only been a couple days that she's been gone, but I'm just not used to not seeing her pretty much every day. We have communicated every day, but I've not heard her voice since Friday. She has a cel phone, but I don't have long distance activated on it (long ugly story, and not something she has done), but we've been texting all weekend.

Sometimes I think my attachment to her is unhealthy. I do a lot of thinking about it, but I've come to the conclusion that I just really like her. She is my daughter, so I love her because I know no different, but I really truly like her as a person. It is an incredible feeling to know that I like her as I do and that I don't have to be anyone other than me when I'm with her. She is just a super kid.

I'm drinking up my tea and hitting the gym so I can be home for when she gets here!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I think it's wonderful that a mother wants to spend time with her daughter. I wish mine was that spontanious.

I'm anxious to hear how she made out. Okay I hope.

Lelia said...

Just read your post -- I don't know. If I had to choose one person to spend time with, other than my DH, I'd choose my daughter.

We have a good relationship & it is a good thing -- something to celebrate.

I often wished my Mom & I were friends. It just never worked out that way.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you and your daughter are best buds. Wish my mother and I were closer. I miss her..long story.

Plz give your friend my blog addy. Maybe she can help me change the gal in to a boy. Thanks so much

Anonymous said...

It's great that you are so close to your daughter. I'm sure there are many mothers/daughters wishing for a better relationship with one another!