Monday, April 14, 2008

Mid Month Check Up

I'm really struggling with having no camera to post pics. I would be able to post a 30 hour pic, but I not able to do so. In place of posting a WIP pic, I'll have to torture you with a mid-month update of how I'm doing in achieving my stitching goals.

So far, I've worked on the following 4 pieces.

Halloween Fairy - I've worked 3 hrs 5 minutes (goal - 3 hrs). This little beauty now has a head, both arms and legs. I'm short on a one, possibly 2 colours. I'm not sure when I'm going to be ordering the floss I need because I don't want to place an order for $4.00 and then pay ridiculous shipping fees. I'll try and wait it out and see if I *need* something else to go along with my one little floss.

Rose of Sharon (Finisher's piece) - There is an additional 6hr 55 minutes done on this piece. I was hoping to contribute 10 hours, but not sure if I will bother now. Since it is being sent on to another person, if I don't think I can finish up a section in 3 hours, I may not even start it since the colour continuity is always a concern of mine. I will try to get a pic on here of my progress. No promises though.

Special Piece - 3 hours 30 minutes contributed (goal - 10 hours). I was thinking I could add 10 hours to this piece, but this piece really isn't all that big and I know there are a lot of people signed up to contribute so I'll restrain myself and not be a hog. Probably another half hour should finish it up for me.

Job's Tears - 1 hour contributed so far (goal 8 hours). I don't think I'll have any trouble meeting the 8 hour goal on this one. I couldn't stitch much more on it last night. The lighting was terrible so I had to pack it in before I was really expecting. I have this week to stitch in the evenings and then again this weekend when I'm at work.

Bonus Goals - Summer Breeze 5 hours and Enchanted Fairy 5 hours. I haven't even thought of them yet. It is still early. I might just surprise myself and get something done on one of them. Watch, I'll pull out Summer Breeze and then be inspired to work on it longer than 5 hours. Just my luck. Soon enough it'll be in the rotation and then it will drive me crazy. Isn't that always the way.

I think that's all I have on the go stitching-wise. Back in another couple weeks with the final totals.

Happy stitching days to you.

4 comments:

Velda said...

Bring your stuff over and I'll take pics -- or drop them off and I'll take pics and add them for you...I'm only 30 wheel revolutions away! lol

Anonymous said...

fibersandthreads.com has free shipping.

Chiloe said...

Gosh: now I really want to see the pictures !!! lol

Pumpkin said...

I'd say you've done very well so far :o)