Monday, April 28, 2008

U.S. of A Shopping Haul



Here is a sampling of the goodies I bought when in the States the other day. I've tried most of the items already other than the V8 Smoothie and the Fibre One Muffins. I can not wait to try the muffins. I'm a muffin monster and hope these are good. I'm hoping if they're good they will eventually come to Canada, since they are a Betty Crocker product.

The Special K Protein water is amazing. It comes with an amazing price tag as well, $1.50 per bottle. That seems a bit steep to me, but once I tasted it, I no longer cared about the price. There is one bottle left and I'm keeping it for Lily to try as much as I want to inhale it, I will refrain from being a pig.

I can't say I've not been inhaling the Reese's Peanut Butter. Oh my word is that stuff ever good. Heaven in a container is the best description.

I'm really looking forward to trying the Brown Rice as well. Krista says it's good, so I took the leap and bought some. I love rice and look forward to a healthier alternative to white minute rice. I'm too lazy most days to bother with long cooking brown rice.

I will be looking at making more regular trips to the states for some foods if I continue to find things I really like. I did buy some other things I forgot to include in the pic - Bagelfuls. They are frozen bagels filled with cream cheese. They look somewhat like a Ding Dong and are toaster ready. Not at all healthy, but Princess seemed to think they look neat. I've yet to see just how small they are and for 200 calories per, not a good nutritional choice. Oh well! I also picked up some Fat-free cheese. It doesn't melt real pretty, but I like to get some dairy in with minimal points spent.

All in all I'm happy with the stuff I brought home and look forward to my next trip to the wonder grocery stores in the great USA!

1 comment:

Velda said...

mmmm reese's peanut butter...who knew...