Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm A Big Girl Now

I'm in the midst of a fabulous day.

Some days you just plug away and pretty much go through the motions of living. Today I'm really living and having a great time doing so.

My day was supposed to be about hanging out with Pam, stitching and watching a movie. The day would not play out as planned, but we were able to hang and have a blast just the same.

Our travels were filled with laughter and fun, first stop Starbucks. I know that may surprise some, but I'm nothing if not predictable. I have to admit for the first time, I forgot to read my cup message. Digging in the public garbage can of Rona for a cup message is just not conducive to looking cool and dignified, so this one got away! LOL At Rona, and the plethora of other store's Pam and I stopped in to today, I spent thousands of dollars. Thankfully it was all in my head. I found some beautiful hardwood at Rona, that would be wonderful for the house that Cute Boy and I will hopefully be building.

I had a grown up moment today. It really started yesterday, but grew to it's full potential today. I think I'm growing up some. I want to learn about wine and become a wine drinker. Real wine, not pop-like wine, if you know what I mean. Wine drinking, socially, I mean seems sophisticated and neat to me. I have no clue, but I love the liquor store and shopping there is one of my favorite places to spend money. I'm not much of a drinker, more a tea totaller really, but I'm off to attempt something new. Any advise you have is greatly appreciated.

Pam and I did a little sneaky today. We bought Velda a birthday present. Pam vetoed the idea of giving it to her earlier. Party pooper! :) We did buy her a little journal book that we dropped off to her this afternoon. We got to visit her for about 5 minutes. Not long enough, but a short time is better than no time at all.

The grown up is signing off now. Happy days to you all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not much of a drinker myself, at the age of 40 even. There are a lot of drinks that i would love to drink but I often get sick after a few sips. I love the fruity cocktails like pina coladas. If you drink, drink in moderation and enjoy!

Pumpkin said...

I'm SO happy that you had a great day! It makes me smile to read such a lightness to your writing :o)

I'm not a big drinker because of my meds, but I do enjoy a glass of wine from time to time. I'm no expert but DH seems to enjoy it quite a bit and loves to try different ones.

Velda said...

and you are SO much fun when you're tipsy *giggle* -- aussie wine especially (go keith! lol)

Thank you SO much for stopping by, you started me on a new venture :) thank you for the gift - both the one given now and the one coming

Louanne said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! Good for you!!!
I wasn't a wine drinker either, but my neighboors are into it and always crack a bottle when we visit. The one thing I've learned is that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. You drink the wine that you like. If that happens to be a $10 bottle, then so be it. Never drink wine you don't like just because somebody else told you it was 'fantastic' or because it got a > 90 rating. Always go with what YOU like.

Amy said...

Another Yankee fan in Canada... yipee! There are a few of us, yes, but not that many!

I too am pretty die hard. I think I was bred to be a Yankees fan!

Although I have to admit, I'm not really liking Girardi on the bench. Its so weird not seeing Torre back there. Also, without my beloved Jeter... its pretty painful to watch. With that said, it wasn't too painful watching them kick some Boston ass last night!

Felicity said...

Hi there Tammy! Thanks for sending me anniversary wishes. I have a piece of fabric to give away & thought you might like to know about it. It's a Canadian-based design with maple leaves etc. Have a look. Put your name in the hat!