Friday, September 12, 2008

Weight Watcher's Countdown

I've decided I'm going to join Weight Watchers again. I'm not joining right away which is the reason for the countdown.

I'm going to join the weekend after the Canadian Thanksgiving. I'll be joining October 18th - Saturday. I'm off weekends now, so I'm going to commit to Saturday morning meetings.

The reason I'm not joining until after Thanksgiving is because of Thanksgiving dinner at Cute Boy's sister's house. This woman is one of the most generous hosts and incredible cooks to ever cross my path. I know my strengths and weaknesses. There is no way I could be on plan with her palate temptations in my sight and much worse, grasp.

I've been thinking a lot the last couple days and I think this is something I need and money I need to spend. I think my biggest concern is spending the money and not being diligent in following the plan. Couple that with no gym membership, I'm apprehensive. I know I can do this without the paid-for weigh in. I've done it before, but right now, my head isn't focused enough to do this without the assistance of the WW staff.

I'm in no way giving myself card blanche to eat whatever I want until October 18th. I am still going to be conscientious when eating. It is who I am, for the most part, I'm just really struggling right now.

D-day is a long way off still, longer than I even imagined. I was shocked at just how long off when I counted down, but I feel a sense of peace already. WW is my comfort zone. WW is my security blanket. WW is my friend. WW is my opportunity for change. I'm excited!

36 days and counting.

8 comments:

Bre said...

I'm so glad you are "coming home!" I'm so proud of you!!!

Anonymous said...

I know you can do it. I might just be there right along with you :)

XOXO
Krista

Pumpkin said...

Just because it's still aways away doesn't mean that you can't start now :o) I'm really proud of you for wanting to take the step BUT I want you to still like yourself for who you are and not what you think you should be.

Watch your portions, slow down when you're eating, stay away from things with hydrogenated oils and if you're tummy is growling in the afternoon, drink some water because that might be all it needs. My mom also told me that drinking ice water in the morning helps because it makes your body use energy to warm up. I don't know but it's worth a try! LOL!

Btw, how many of you are on The Run For The Cure team?

Velda said...

Somehow I knew you'd do this, I'm proud of you!

Kristin said...

Good luck Tammy.

Chris said...

You can do it!

Deirdre said...

WW really has worked for me, 47 lbs and counting.

The best thing it taught me was to watch what I eat.

Felicity said...

Good success with Weight Watchers. I used to weigh a whole lot more than I do now (and I'm not talking about when I was pregnant, either), so know that nothing tastes as good as slim feels. I also recommend some Leslie Sansone walking. She's been doing wonders for my hips since about 1992! I walk in the park with the dogs every day and come home and do a DVD. It's paying off nicely.