Friday, September 12, 2008

Weight Watcher's Countdown

I've decided I'm going to join Weight Watchers again. I'm not joining right away which is the reason for the countdown.

I'm going to join the weekend after the Canadian Thanksgiving. I'll be joining October 18th - Saturday. I'm off weekends now, so I'm going to commit to Saturday morning meetings.

The reason I'm not joining until after Thanksgiving is because of Thanksgiving dinner at Cute Boy's sister's house. This woman is one of the most generous hosts and incredible cooks to ever cross my path. I know my strengths and weaknesses. There is no way I could be on plan with her palate temptations in my sight and much worse, grasp.

I've been thinking a lot the last couple days and I think this is something I need and money I need to spend. I think my biggest concern is spending the money and not being diligent in following the plan. Couple that with no gym membership, I'm apprehensive. I know I can do this without the paid-for weigh in. I've done it before, but right now, my head isn't focused enough to do this without the assistance of the WW staff.

I'm in no way giving myself card blanche to eat whatever I want until October 18th. I am still going to be conscientious when eating. It is who I am, for the most part, I'm just really struggling right now.

D-day is a long way off still, longer than I even imagined. I was shocked at just how long off when I counted down, but I feel a sense of peace already. WW is my comfort zone. WW is my security blanket. WW is my friend. WW is my opportunity for change. I'm excited!

36 days and counting.

Post a Comment