Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Flooring Fun

Chocolate


Mercier Pro Hardwood Flooring - Medium Brown

Slate Greige



The above pictures would be representative of the flooring Cute Boy and I chose for our house. The Medium Brown is hardwood and the other 2 flooring choices are a DuraCeramic. The look and texture of ceramic without the high maintenance and cold hard texture.

The medium brown hardwood flooring is what is going to be used through the majority of the house. It is a lot darker than I had in mind, as much as I tried to keep an open mind about colours prior to seeing our choices. It was 2 hours in the flooring shop that brought us to these decisions. Earlier today I was really on the fence still about the darkness of the floor, but the more I look it the more I'm loving it.

The chocolate flooring is what is being used in the front entrance and in the kitchen. We have yet to make a decision on the cabinet colours, but it looks right now as though we are leaning towards a lighter shade with a bit of stressing to it.

Slate Greige shown is the colour being used in all the bathrooms. I really like this colour because it is something that will hide any hairs on the floor that shall fall from my head. Those that know me well, know how creeped out I am by hair.

In closing, I will say this. The colour depiction is closest to form in the hardwood and close with the others, but not bang on.

Whaddya think so far?

8 comments:

Amy said...

Loooooooove the floors!

ps- did you watch any of the last game? kinda sad. :(

Kristin said...

I love that flooring! Wanna redo my floors too?

Pumpkin said...

Oh yummy! Great choices Tammy :o)

Velda said...

I LOVE LOVE the first one..............the 2nd is good.....my 1st thought on the 3rd for the bathroom is OMG It's GOING TO SHOW EVERY dark hair..........wow we think different lol....

Bre said...

Beautiful! And anything called chocolate can't be bad right??

K-Pow said...

Love the flooring TT! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors!!!! Dark flooring is awesome, trust me!

Margaret said...

Very very nice. LOVE the chocolate color.