Monday, September 08, 2008

Running (or Walking) For A Cure

I've decided to sign up for the CIBC Run For The Cure.

I'm excited, but truth be told I'm scared to death. I've not run in what seems like forever and the thoughts of this commitment is more than I'm prepared for mentally. I don't want to make light of the fundraising, so I will keep in mind the reason I'm doing this!

I volunteered to do this run (walk) and I did it with the knowledge of what I'm getting in for, both mentally and physically. This being unlike a patient fighting breast cancer. There is no warning, no mental preparation! So, on that note this run is going to be something I'm honoured to be doing and not something I'm going to be dreading. I will run/walk and do what needs to be done. This event, for me, is about raising money and not about the physically pain I'm going to feel after such a long lay off from running or from being physical in any form, for that matter.

There is a possibility of a very special person participating along with me. I will leave that for the special person to make their own announcement.

I don't often petition for funds, but feel free to donate. No amount is too small an amount. A twoonie will do!

From the bottom of my heart - thank you!

6 comments:

Bre said...

How exciting!!! I'm so proud of you for making the commitment!!!

Kristin said...

Good for you!

Pumpkin said...

Good for you Tammy! I know you'll do just fine :)

tina said...

Yay Tammy! You can do it ! I did the UK equivalent (5k) and it was a fantastic day full of tears and laughter

Velda said...

I know how much this means to you. I look forward to hearing more.

Anonymous said...

I am SO excited to be doing this with you Tammy (and no, I'm not the special person!) It's going to be a day of bonding, helping, caring and new friendships. We'll cross the finish line together knowing we did this for an amazing cause!

Barb