Monday, September 29, 2008

Lighting and Lowe's


I took a day off work today to travel to the States to look at and purchase lighting for the house. Cute Boy was off today and this was the best day for us and I have to say, it couldn't have come at a better time. Life has been stressful for him and I lately. This house is supposed to be fun, but as of late, not so much.

I'm happy to report we came in a little under budget. This is money that we spend and will be reimbursed by the builder. It was hard to watch the cashier read out of 1084 and then to figure in the exchange to Canadian funds which took it to 1124, plus 150 to bring the goods back in to Canada.

I am going to contact Lowe's and report to them how much I enjoyed shopping in their store. I have a bit of rant about my own hometown and Lowe's. Lowe's was trying to build a store in my hometown and in the infinite wisdom shown by City Council, the bid was turned down. Why would you turn down a multi million dollar business that was going to create near to 200 jobs of 35,000 a year salary? Why? City Council would not approve the rezoning of an area from industrial to commercial. Lowe's would have been built not very far, and I mean NOT very far from a commercial zoned area and they wouldn't change the zoning. I have absolutely not faith in my City Council and this has not improved my opinion of them either. The same Council meeting they turned down Lowe's bid for a store, they discussed raising taxes 4% to 6%. Hmmmm, make sense to you? It sure as hell doesn't make sense to me.

All that aside, does it look like that is $1200 worth of lighting?

4 comments:

Chiloe said...

Shopping is always fun ... until you get the bill !!! lol Here we are waiting for IKEA !!! It should be build in 2010 : but I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Chiloe said...

Shopping is always fun ... until you get the bill !!! lol Here we are waiting for IKEA !!! It should be build in 2010 : but I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Kristin said...

Woohooo...shopping is a blast (even if it is only for lighting).

Pumpkin said...

Sadly no but I know how much that stuff costs :oS I'm glad they made your shopping experience easy. That makes all the difference in the world.