Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Guess What This Is?



What is it you ask?

I'll tell you!

Jeans - 17
Capris - 8 (est. b/c some are still packed away)
Sporty - 7 (est b/c some are still packed away)
Casual - 6
Cords - 6
Dress - 3

Each number represents a pair of pants in the indicated category! Do you know how many of them still fit? Probably 8 pair, if that! That is not including the sporty pants because they are more forgiving, of course.

I've about had it. I used to be able to wear every single pair pants in that pile and now I can't even wear 1/3 of them. That is disgusting. That pile of pants is representative of so many things.

1. Financial independence
2. Financial stupidy
3. Bargain shopping - Paid full price for only one pair of pants in that pile.
4. Many hours pumping iron and running my ass off - literally
5. Separation/Divorce and poor eating on account
6. Happiness
7. Dates with Cute Boy
8. Laughter and bonding with girlfriends

Now, what the majority of that pile represents to me is: FAILURE! I've failed at maintaining my healthy weight range and my ability to stay lean. I know I'm vain. I can hear some now.

Can you imagine what Cute Boy would say if he knew I moved all those pants with me to this dinky condo and barely any of them fit me? He'd have my hide! LOL

I'm really not in as much of a blah mood as my last couple posts might indicate. Just taking stock of where I was, where I am and what I should be doing about it!

That's a lot of pants, eh. Keep in mind when I was in my marriage I might have had 5 pair of pants in total and then the weight loss began then the emotional turmoil of a marriage ending. Let me tell, as upset as I was then, I had a hell of a time shopping! The Gap, Old Navy and American Eagle, they loved me!

5 comments:

Velda said...

I plead the 5th 'cause you know what I'd be sayin'!

Kristin said...

You can do it Tammy! I have faith you will get back into every pair.

Chris said...

You'll be back in them when you are ready.

Pumpkin said...

Okay girl, you've had WAY too much time on your hands! Velda, do something with her ;o) I bet Cute Boy has not said one word about your weight. You are being too hard on yourself. ((((HUGS))))

Unknown said...

Your being to hard on your self. Take it from me..I'm a dieter, lost 35 pounds..and now i'm right back to where I was when i started. It's a hard fight..long fight..but we will win..have fatih!
HUGS