Friday, February 29, 2008

Updates All Around

It seems that is all I'm doing anymore is updating.

House
Scott is done at my house for the time being. He has done all he can do until Cute Boy finishes the drywall, priming and laying of the floor. I will then have to call Scott back to come and finish the trim and the door for under the stairs.

Now the fun begins for me. I have to paint. I hate painting. I have begged off to have Cute Boy paint the ceilings, if I could only convince him to do all the other painting. It would look so much better if he did it. I revel at his painting abilities.

My bathroom is completely finished and decorated. I took a picture today, but my Picture It program kept shutting down with an error. I have to say I'm really happy with how it turned out. I will keep plugging away with the camera and program so I can share with you.

Stitching
I'm struggling with finding a pattern for a very special friend. I'll keep at it. I've not been stitching much lately. My last round of frogging has taken the fun out of it for me for a bit. I'll be back and I will deal with that little critter once and for all!

There is a month long Stitch-a-thon on the Cross Stitch Crazy board starting tomorrow. I always look forward to this and this month is nothing new. I'm hoping to get my special square started and finished as well finishing up with Love!

Health
I went to the doctor's today. I've been experiencing this strange sensation in my torso, just above my breasts to my hip bones, pretty much. Do you remember what it feels like to stick a wet finger on a 9volt battery? That is the sensation that runs from the top of my torso to the bottom, never bottom up. I've been paying attention to when this sensation happens to see if I can discover a pattern. There is nothing. It could happen when I sneeze, laugh, sitting still, absolutely no commonality whatsoever.

The doctor said he's never heard of such a thing. Sarcasm here - no shit sherlock! Seriously though, he had me lay down and do a few neurological exams testing my strength and reflexes. He touched my skin in various spots for sensitivity. Nothing there. Just ticklish.

I'm still extremely concerned although he doesn't seem to be in the slightest. He seems more puzzled than concerned. I would have expected a blood pressure test, blood work, check my heart something, but it was just the simple neurological exam. I'm not a hypochondriac or anything like that, but I would have expected more than this.

I talked to him about my sleep problems and he was just as unhelpful with that as he was with my special sensations. He asked me if I drink a lot of coffee. I drink tea and have cut back. He asked me if I eat a lot of chocolate.... ummmm I'm not even going there, and asked if I drink a lot of pop. As a rule I don't drink a lot of pop. That was about it. Nothing there to help me.

I would say all in all my appointment was a major waste of time. I did find out that he is retiring. I'm surprised he hasn't retired long before this. I'm to not let that factor into the equation of why he seemed so lacsidasical in his approach to my concerns today. I'll try not to worry, but I know myself better than that.

I'm off to stitch for a bit while here at work. Hopefully it is forward progress today.

Happy stitching days to you all.

4 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

well if you're looking for that special pattern you should head down to Knowledge and Needles in Brighton ... there's a Nashville Open House (www.knowledgeandneedles.com) I'll be there helping out this weekend.

Chiloe said...

You're lucky to not be hypocondriac because I am and if a doc will tell me he's never heard of such a thing, I'll freak out !!! lol I think I'll have a second opinion (especially if he retires ;) )

Hope you will find a volunteer to do the painting for you;) I'm sure you will find a way to convince Todd to do it for you :p

Velda said...

I'm sorry doc wasn't more helpful. I'd suggest running to emerg next time it happens, at least you'd get more tests than needed and perhaps find out what's wrong. Of course that would take all day (((big hugs))))

Pumpkin said...

Oh, I can't wait to see your bathroom :o)

That does sound very odd. I've never heard about that before and I've probably had most sensations ;o) LOL! I would continue to monitor it yourself. I don't think doctor's take female ailments as seriously as men's. If it's still bothering you, insist on some tests.