Thursday, July 23, 2009

Quiet, Wine and a Funny

No phone call yet. I'm carrying my cel phone around with me like a life line.

Last night was a good night. I got home from work and relaxed the entire night. I poured myself a glass of wine that I tended to all night.

I sat on the new deck, which I love, by the way because it is so big that I can now sit out back with afternoon sun still hitting me. I was out there for about a half hour reading and decompressing from a crazy work day. I then puttered around on my facebook farmville game.
My dinner was less than stellar - a 2 cheese slice grilled cheese sandwich. I later soaked in the tub with my wine and my book, to hit my bed lights out by 9pm, assisted by a sleeping pill to get a solid uninterrupted night's sleep. It was a beautifully quiet night all around. Something I think I needed and if it rains as expected today, which will cancel my ball game, will do again this evening.

I do have a very little funny to share. Those of you on facebook, who are familiar with the applications will understand where I'm coming from in my description. On the right side of the screen is a list of various things that people on your contact list participate in.... well what do you know. There is my husband's face with his fiancee. Yes, you read that right - my husband LMFAO, with an announcement about his/their Jack and Jill this coming weekend. Princess and his cousin (who is on my list) are attending, so it shows on my page since people I know are attending this event. Since it is an open event I'm able to access this information. I was dying laughing.... I was tempted to post on the page that you might want to seek a divorce prior to your new marriage. I didn't, but the temptation was oh so huge! It gave me the greatest laugh. Some people!

Off to start my day here at work again. Hopefully things will be peaceful. My trusty sidekick isn't in with my today, so the day could be a stressful mess. Okay adding this - screw the hope of a stress free day... the replacement co-worker just walked in the door at 7:05. Her shift starts at 8:45am.... oh freaking great. This is going to be a shit day! She will sit here all day reading over my shoulder through everything I look at all day long on the computer. She will comment then apologize and then do the same thing all over again 5 minutes later. Paranoia to the extra and it drives me absolutely bat shit crazy! Shoot me now to put me out of my misery. Isn't it terrible? My entry started out not too bad in tone and within 5 minutes I'm losing it. Fuck! I didn't have the opportunity to hit "publish post" before the day took a turn for the worst. AUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHH

Have a great day!

4 comments:

K-Pow said...

Well won't that Jack & Jill be just a gong show! Maybe you should just let them know that its false advertising since technically its not a really "wedding" LMFAO...FN!

Uh oh...perhaps you should have brought your wine to work with you.

Deep breaths honey..deep breaths!!!

As bad as this sounds my fingers are crossed for ball to be cancelled as well.

I'm off to do the rain dance now :)

XOXO

Kristin said...

It sounds like a wonderful night. Lots o deep breathing to get you through this shift at work.

Chris said...

Hopefully the day will go by quickly.

Pumpkin said...

Like Krista said, deep breaths! And you know what, I was told it was good to swear ;o) Gets things off your chest. So go ahead, swear your head off! LOL!

That is too funny. Unfortunately you are connected by the girls but he's got his own life now and if the new girlfriend wants to jump in with both feet, then let her. You've got your own life now ;o)