Monday, July 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home

My baby girl is home! My baby girl is home!

I wasn't expecting her until sometime today because she had some difficulty getting her dad to drive her home yesterday, as was the plan. I was disappointed to have to wait another day to see her. Off I went to ball with a heavy heart at this delayed reunion with my peanut (you'd think she was 5, not 15). I got home from ball to find my baby in the kitchen. A sweet reunion with tears ensued!

Can I tell you I'm so happy to have her home. I know I missed her a lot while she was gone, but didn't realize to what extent until I could actually touch her beautiful face and talk to her. That is what I missed the most. Talking to her. She is the most wonderful conversationalist. She is mature, witty, sensitive and just a genuine caring and compassionate young lady.

In other news - sad news, but good news, I got my phone call today. I have an appointment to talk to someone 2 weeks from today. I'm scared to death, but excited and apprehensive. Does that make sense? I'm an emotional basket case and can't stop from crying most every day... oh who the hell am I kidding. It is every day. Numerous times per day.

Not too much longer and I'll hopefully have some directions, some answers and I don't know what else.

In case you forgot - MY BABY IS HOME!

7 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm glad your daughter is home and she has made you happy!

Now don't back out on that appt.

Kristin said...

I'm glad she is home!

Vicki said...

What a wonderful surprise for you. I'm so glad that's she's hope.

And I'm very happy to hear that you have an appt set up..make sure you keep it!! I know as the time draws closer that you will be seesawing back and forth about it. It will be a good thing for you and I'm very proud of you for taking this step. (((Hugs))) Luv ya hon!

K-Pow said...

Whoo Hooo for the princess reunion!!

I'm actually glad that you have that appt....give it a chance!! What have you got to lose??

XOXO

Pumpkin said...

That's wonderful to hear! I can certainly hear the joy in your words that you're happy to have her home :o)

That's great! It's natural to feel apprehensive but you can do it!

Chris said...

Give her a hug for me. (I'm counting the hours until my baby boy lands.)

Try not to think about the appointment until the time comes. (easier said than done).

20somethingfatty said...

I'm glad that you are so happy!