Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Reading


How did this happen? Georgie York, once the costar of America's favorite television sitcom, has been publicly abandoned by her famous husband, her film career has tanked, her father is driving her crazy, and her public image as a spunky heroine is taking a serious beating.

What should a down-on-her-luck actress do? Not go to Vegas . . . not run into her detestable former costar, dreamboat-from-hell Bramwell Shepard . . . and not get caught up in an ugly incident that leads to a calamitous elopement. Before she knows it, Georgie has a fake marriage, a fake husband, and maybe (or not) a fake sex life.

It's a paparazzi free-for-all, and Georgie's nonsupporting cast doesn't help. There's Bram's punk-nightmare housekeeper, Georgie's own pushy parent, a suck-up agent, an icy studio head with a private agenda, and her ex-husband's new wife, who can't get enough of doing good deeds and saving the world - the bitch. As for Georgie's leading man, Bram's giving the performance of his life, but he's never cared about anyone except himself, and it's not exactly clear why.

Two enemies find themselves working without a script in a town where the spotlight shines bright . . . and where the strongest emotions can wear startling disguises.

~~~~~~~~~~
Book #24 -
I loved this book. It was so fun. I found it tamed down, very tamed down version of a Jackie Collins novel. I can't wait for the next time I get another of her novels in at the library.



"Candy Girl" is the story of a young writer who dares to bare it all as a stripper.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Book #25 -
I enjoyed this book as odd as the topic is. I was a bit thrown by some of the situations described. There were parts that I was laughing so loud with tears running down my face and others I was gagging.

1 comment:

Jamie Leigh said...

I read and enjoyed Candy Girl, too, but I lost my copy, moving. ;( You have good taste.