Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Mirror Doesn't Lie

There are so many times throughout my day, I think, I should blog this or that. This morning I sit in front of this computer screen with thoughts screaming inside my head and I'm at a loss at properly forming them. It's nuts, really.

My previous post, on Friday night, had me saying to hell with weighing in and all that.... not smart and I knew it at the time. I just didn't want to be faced with my poor food choices and lack of activity showing up on the scale. I'm so disgusted with myself, I feel as though I'm going to have a crying meltdown right here and now. I went to bed last night with the commitment of weighing in this morning firmly planted in my head! Weighed in and the crying feeling is still hovering overhead. I feel every bit as heavy as the 137.8lb indicated on the scale. This is my highest weight in 2.5 years. This is pretty much what I weighed when I first started dating Cute Boy.

Part of my resolution to weigh in this morning is that I saw myself, sideways in a store front mirror yesterday. I thought I looked pretty good when I left the house or I would never have considered leaving the house wearing what I had on. When I caught a glimpse of myself in that mirror, it caused a mental gasp! I not kidding anyone. I look like shit and look like I have the beginning of a baby belly. I'm well past my baby birthing years! Trust me on that one.

I pulled an emotional meltdown when I got home from said shopping trip. I ate and ate and ate. If I was going to look pregnant, I was going to eat like I was then too. This emotional eating may have seen the insertion of the following foods in to my pie hole:

  • those pink wafer cookies that are dirt cheap and all waxy tasting - too many to count
  • turkey pepperette
  • 100 calorie ice cream sandwich
  • grapes by the handful
  • a sensible dinner - pork chop, green beans and brown whole wheat rice
Then hungry monster again
  • potato chips
  • full fat root beer (the box is finally empty)

The above food is from about 4pm to 10pm. This in no way comes close to the food consumed when on the shopping trip to the states, that did include a Corona light with lunch, a stop at Tim Horton's that wasn't just for tea, but a french vanilla cappuccino and donut and a Starbucks stop on the way home from the states. I ate enough food for a family of 4 in one single day. Gross!

I started this year weighing in at 135.8 to my lowest of the year 129.8 to my highest this week of 137.8. Why do I torture myself like I do? I know how to eat better than I do, I just don't do it like I should. What the hell is wrong with me? Seriously? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of fighting with this same 10-20lbs.

On this note, I am probably going to refrain from posting many WI results or weight thought filled posts. My mental state is too negative and that isn't fair to the few readers I do have, so in light of that.... this will be a stitching (imagine that!), reading, and life blog for a bit. I just am so disappointed in myself and who needs a negative nelly all up in your face with her thoughts!

MWAH!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same issues. I float about 10 pounds over my "fit" weight and I get so frustrated that I can't get down there! I avoid discussing exercise and weight on my blog too much because nothing ever happens that is positive in that aspect of my life! Grr!

Grace said...

Oh, Tammy. I have the same issues with the mirror. As you know I am very afraid to look in the mirror, although it's a bit better since I started therapy. I just wish you would not beat yourself up so much. You are much more than what you weigh, so it upsets me to see you write that you "look like shit." Maybe it bothers me so much because you sound so much like me when I'm beating myself up. :-)

Please be happy. You have a wonderful life with your Cute Boy & daughter. A few extra pounds do not change that.

Bre said...

((HUGS)) Hon, I enjoy reading your blog no matter what you put on it - I love what you have to say.

Quit beating yourself up and take it one day at a time - you are not perfect - no one is. When you are ready to do this again start over - but maybe just do one thing until you have that one thing down, and then add on something else. etc.. I used to be one of those all or nothing people and I have learned through my journey that I can't be that way. In fact this weekend of the Jazz festival I have planned on two meals on program and a one meal splurge each day (4 days) and I'm going to enjoy myself and not obsess about not eating this or that... Tuesday is another day and we will take it from there! I wish you the very best because you deserve it so much!!

Kristin said...

{{{Hugs}}} hon

Pumpkin said...

Tammy, it seems like you have a lot on your plate...emotionally. Have you considered talking to someone? It's not for everyone but once you find the right professional, it can really help. ((((HUGS))))