Friday, March 27, 2009

Mama Moments


It has been ages since I've posted pics of my girls. Princess (right) and Queenie (left) were able to spend some time together over March break. I have this pic from creeping Queenie's facebook page. Shhhhh

There is no one in this world, now or ever that has ever captivated my heart as each of these incredible young women. That I've had the honour of mothering them, sharing in their day to day life has been and always will be a blessing to me.

My heart bursts with pride for the love and joy they bring in to my world, as well as the knowledge in knowing they are the best friend of the other. From the distance they are from each other, they are still the one the other calls when life is shit, and sometimes life is really shit!

The path of each is vastly different, although my love, respect and appreciation for each of their journey's is very much a part of my being.

Queenie has not lived at home for 2 years now, as some of you may know. Her path is not an easy one. We've had our moments of trial and tribulation, but I know she'll be okay. She is more my wild child and with that doesn't always do what I think is best for her or her future aspirations. She's turning that around lately and I'm so proud of her for doing so. She grew up too fast and is away from home much too soon. Life is is about living and learning and she's discovering that head on. She is currently living with her father, not the most desirable situation, but it is where she is right now. If it is this that turns things around for her, then I'm good with that! My time with her is too limited, but jammed packed with her wonderful spirit when we are together.

Princess is my sweet little peanut. She'd be mortified to know I've referred to her as that, I'm sure. I see her every single day for the most part and when I don't it is the saddest and strangest of days for me. I know a little of the heartache Queenie must suffer not having her little sister in her day to day life.

Princess is just that - a princess. She is a girlie girl, a diva of the gentlest kind. She has the softest heart, the most loyal streak of any person I've the fortune to know and the gift to love. I've not met a person that doesn't like her and if they don't like her, I'm certain it is jealousy of her beauty, both inside and out.

There are times when I was younger that I questioned the desire to have children. Didn't think I could do it well enough to be worthy of a child. I don't know that I'm good enough still, but with the two lovely girls I have, they have made it easier for me to succeed to this point so far.

In the off chance either one of you ever read this blog, know this:

Wherever you are, no matter how far, I am your biggest supporter, today tomorrow and forever. There has never been, nor ever will be a person in this world I love more than I love the both of you. You are all a mother could ever hope to love and more. Thank you for being you.

Love, Mom

5 comments:

Chiloe said...

YOur daughters are both very beautiful. You are very lucky ;-)

Kristin said...

What a beautiful tribute to your gorgeous girls!

Anonymous said...

Your love for your girls shines right through this post! It's beautiful!

Pumpkin said...

Your girls are gorgeous!!!! What a beautiful post Tammy :o)

K-Pow said...

A beautiful post for two beautiful girls :)