My day went something like this:
- Slept in until about 9am. That is was awesome.
- Drove Princess to work and then......
- Headed to the gym
- Ran 40 minutes (just shy of 5K)
- Felt incredible
- Didn't weight train (that didn't feel so incredible)
- Stopped at the butcher on my way home
- Took the dog for a walk (1.1K)
- Had an incredible dinner
- Watched the Habs lose their hockey game tonight (barely hanging on to a play off spot)
- Now getting ready for bed
- Contemplating the gym again in the morning while Cute Boy is out getting the winter tires taken off his car.
So, I did make it to the gym today, as you can see from my list above. It felt great to be back there again. When I'm there I wonder why it is I'm not more committed.
I said to myself that I wasn't going to over do it, but I did a bit. I switched up the intensity, not true HIIT, although somewhat. I had the highest speed at 5.6 which I'm impressed with after so much time off. I felt like a million bucks when I left. I really wish that feeling could be bottled up and taken when self doubt sets in.
One day is all it takes to turn things around. I want this to be the day. This will be my day!
I didn't weight train and I feel bad for that. I will get back there too. I'm really struggling with knowing that I'm doing it right (I know I am) and doing the weight training alone. I have a friend that I'm going to talk with about training with me. I used to work out with him when my ex-husband and I would go to the gym. This friend and I still communicate, so it's not that big a stretch to ask him for his guidance. He is extremely weight training knowledgeable and that is what I need. Not to mention a committed partner that will get me through the tough spots. We'll see how it works out.
All in all, I'm in a great frame of mind. It's been a while and I'm quite enjoying it. Looking forward to tomorrow.