Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Second Summer of the Sisterhood - Ann Brashares

With a bit of last summer's sand in the pockets, the Traveling Pants and the Sisterhood that wears them embark on their 16th summer.

Bridget: Impulsively sets off for Alabama, wanting to both confront her demons about her family and avoid them all at once.

Lena: Spends a blissful week with Kostos, making the unexplainable silence that follows his visit even more painful.

Carmen: Is concerned that her mother is making a fool of herself over a man. When she discovers that her mother borrowed the Pants to wear on a date, she's certain of it.

Tibby: Not about to spend another summer working at Wallman's, she takes a film course only to find it's what happens off-camera that teaches her the most.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Book # 11 - I really enjoyed this book. It is simple, yet complex when dealing with the relationships of these girls. I can so much of my own life in the way the girls deal with the trials and tribulations of their lives.

I'm currently waiting for the DVD of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants to come in from the library so I can get the movie watched so I can go to the theatre and see the second movie. I can't wait to be totally honest with you!

1 comment:

Chiloe said...

I just hope the second one doesn't have a sad story (like the girl dying from leukemia ... ) I like the first one except that part that made me cry (I just saw the DVD)