Sunday, May 18, 2008

Holy HAED

I finally took the time to dig out Bubbles. It doesn't look like much at the moment, but hopefully at some point the next couple months I can make progress to see more than a pretty pastel blob!

Of 174,300 stitches I've completed approximately 1300! I'm smoking my way through this one, I am! Ya right. I was telling Pam I may hang this in the girls'/guest bathroom in the new house. Who knows by then, but right now that is the plan. I thought 'Bubbles' and bathroom would be a neat little tie in. What do you think?

I started this little... ugh, huge gem in September of 2004 and this is the first time I've touched it since. I'm ashamed of myself!

I'm loving it, although the confetti stitches are a major PITA. A wise friend pointed out my love of this is not good since I'll be wanting to work on more HAED's and I have more than enough to keep me busy for two lifetimes already.

I have some stitching goals that I must set and I'll get back to you with them over the next couple days. I want to give them some thought before I commit to anything. There is one piece that will have to become a priority and in short order. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Good golly Tammy! You're an adict to these as well? I have NO IDEA how you gals do it. I would be bored after the first row or two ;o) LOL!

Stitchingranny said...

I can see how percentages would be easy to keep track of on something like a HAED which is stitched completely from corner to corner. Multiply width x height and each 10x 10 box is one hundred stitches.

But how do you work it out when it is something like the fairies which do not cover the whole area? Do you physically count every stitch before you start and as you finish each time? I would love to do something like this. Also do you just work the percentages out and type the total in or do you have a gadget that works it out for you?