Monday, May 12, 2008

Midnight - Dean R. Koontz

The citizens of Moonlight Cove, California, are changing. Some are losing touch with their deepest emotions. Others are surrendering to their wildest urges. And the few who remain unchanged are absolutely terrified--if not brutally murdered in the dead of night...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Book #9 - My first Dean R. Koontz novel. I'm not a fan of science fiction on any level and at points, was so bored by the premise of aliens, even humanly manipulated aliens. Not my cup of tea. That would be the reason it took me over 2 months to read.

I found characters (non-alien) were characters I cared about, but the book was filled with so much of the science angle, I struggled to stay with the story.

I know not all Dean Koontz's novels are science fiction based, so I'm going to investiage and see if there others that may appeal to me.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Try The Good Guy, Intensity, The Bad Place,The Darkest Evening of the Year, or Tick Tock. (asked a Dean Koontz freak that I know)
My DS is reading Tick Tock (his first Dean Koontz book) and is enjoying it.

Unknown said...

I used to LOVE dean koontz. Read every book of his that I could get my hands on. My fav is The bad place. Since I started stitching I haven't read a single book. I probably should pick one up soon.